Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Massive schedule change going out as we speak...

Old Apr 3, 2020, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Just got a schedule change notification for 5/31 ... went to look at options and close to everything is zero'ed out. All ATL-MCO nonstops gone.
I hope this is transient but if not I think we're seeing the ~80% cut happening now....
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:12 pm
jmw

I see changes going all the way to the first week in June.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:29 pm

Yes, I had the same thing.

I'm wondering, when we get the go-ahead to go ahead and fly again, how quick will the airlines, Southwest included, put planes back in the schedule?
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:30 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by jmw
I see changes going all the way to the first week in June.
I can see them in EF too, but only one of my 6 reservations for the last 2 weekends in May and the 1st weekend of June is not allowing me to access it and saying "Sorry! This reservation has been cancelled. Error:400520414". The remaining reservations are still normal and can be accessed online, but are also Zeroed out in EF.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
I can see them in EF too, but only one of my 6 reservations for the last 2 weekends in May and the 1st weekend of June is not allowing me to access it and saying "Sorry! This reservation has been cancelled. Error:400520414". The remaining reservations are still normal and can be accessed online, but are also Zeroed out in EF.
I've had that for awhile for a May 5 reservation...will probably have to call in eventually so I can access it.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 12:58 am

Announced here: Flight Schedule Revised May 3 through June 5, 2020

This is huge, so it will likely be pushed out over multiple nights. If you're seeing zero availability, check back later, the update is probably still populating.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by ursine1
Announced here: Flight Schedule Revised May 3 through June 5, 2020

This is huge, so it will likely be pushed out over multiple nights. If you're seeing zero availability, check back later, the update is probably still populating.
BEFORE CALLING - READ THE LINK POSTED ABOVE.

Very complicated process. Heck, the posting is even complicated. LOL!
Often1, steved5480 and ryw like this.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Everything seems to be changing almost hourly with all of the airlines. I've been watching OGG to PDX and Alaska, Southwest, Delta and United have all been going from some flights to no flights, direct, 1-stop, 2-stop. Delta's said it was in "partnership with Hawaiian Airlines" which is kind of interesting. I may have to fly this around 3-4 weeks and am keeping an eye on it and it's a fluid situation to say the least.

Also, just noticed that Expedia can't even keep up. They usually offer Alaska flights and currently are not... but on Alaska's site they have some.

I guess my point is it's not just Southwest.... everything is in total chaos.
LegalTender, ursine1 and ryw like this.

Last edited by mtofell; Apr 4, 2020 at 8:51 pm
Old Apr 5, 2020, 12:47 am

Programs: AS 75K
Here's what I see tonight searching from the Alaska site - looks like Alaska, Hawaiian and Delta have all joined forces. Kind of a funny dynamic with Southwest always being such an isolated entity. I wonder if they'll jump "in bed" with other carriers at some point?
Old Apr 5, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM; HH Gold; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mtofell
Kind of a funny dynamic with Southwest always being such an isolated entity. I wonder if they'll jump "in bed" with other carriers at some point?
Not going to happen, at least for any time in the foreseeable future. This would be generally prohibited under the terms of the pilot CBA. They don't have the interline agreements necessary to do this, nor do their systems currently have the capability of interline ticketing or baggage handling.
mtofell likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
WN has historically refused to enter interline ticketing or baggage agreements with any other carrier and it uses its own proprietary systems for reservations, ticketing, and baggage. Not likely that any other carrier, would at this point, want to enter an interline agreement with WN and, if they did, it would take a lengthy & expensive process to allow this as a practical matter.,

All of those other carriers have had interline ticketing and baggage agreements for many years. All have the capability to write tickets onto the other carrier and check bags for connections. For the most part, it has been possible to purchase these tickets, it is simply that it typically could not be done online nor were most frontline agents trained.

Unfortunate as it is, opening up the systems makes it slightly better for passengers.
ryw and mtofell like this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Schedule changes apparently still going on. Have a late May flight that is still in "My Account", but can not change or cancel it (errors out-can not find it). In trying to book a new flight, it is not there.

So, guessing they have cancelled that flight, but have not done anything with the actual reservation yet. I understand it... just sharing another data point.

Guessing the will move the booking eventually - at which time I will call in to cancel.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtofell
Here's what I see tonight searching from the Alaska site - looks like Alaska, Hawaiian and Delta have all joined forces. Kind of a funny dynamic with Southwest always being such an isolated entity. I wonder if they'll jump "in bed" with other carriers at some point?
No, they are just interline tickets where AS is combining AS and HA / DL fares on a single ticket. They were doing this before Covid stuff began (I could often find interline combinations of AS and DL fares to various Michigan cities when searching on Alaska website). When AS and DL split up, they decided to keep their interline agreement intact which allows them to sell combined AS and DL fares on one ticket. DL gets a cut based on whatever DL fare AS has incorporated into the ticket. DL has a limited interline agreement with AA which is only for IRROP situations. They can't presently sell tickets which combines fares from each carrier like AS and DL can. As mentioned above, WN doesn't interline with anyone and thus can't combine other carriers' fares with theirs on a single ticket.

Here's an example of AS combining AS and DL fares (an R fare from AS and a K fare from DL) for SEA-TVC. Connecting in DTW is less than ideal as AS and DL are in separate terminals and you have exit security and take a shuttle to get to the DL terminal. Note that DL restricts which fares can be combined on an interline ticket. In this case, only K or higher fares can be combined as lower fare classes on this route (LUTXV) do not allow interline combinations with other carriers. This is a combination of AS RH2OAVMN fare ($128 base) and DL KAVOA0MQ fare ($144 base). The addition of TSA tax ($5.60) and PFC charges (2 x $4.50) results in $286.60 total.

Often1, ryw and mtofell like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 5, 2020 at 9:22 pm
Old Apr 6, 2020, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I believe that AS has had interline ticketing & baggage agreements with the legacy carriers since its inception. Before establishing TCON and other long-ish routes, that was the only way to survive.

The difference is that AS is now showing those interline tickets on its website, largely because there are fewer flights and this provides its customers with a reason to book at least part of a trip on AS.

Just for completeness, here is a list of the carriers with which AS has an interline ticketing agreement. AA AB AC AF AM AV
BA BF BR CI CM CO
CX CZ DE DL EG EI
FJ FZ HA HP HU IG
JL KE KL KS K5 LA
LO LP LR MF MH MT
MW MX NZ OZ PR PS
PZ QF QR SA SK SQ
S4 TA TK TP UA US
VA VW VX WP WS YV
3M 4C 7H 9K 9X
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:50 pm
formerly ASTechGuy

Originally Posted by Often1
I believe that AS has had interline ticketing & baggage agreements with the legacy carriers since its inception. Before establishing TCON and other long-ish routes, that was the only way to survive.

The difference is that AS is now showing those interline tickets on its website, largely because there are fewer flights and this provides its customers with a reason to book at least part of a trip on AS.

Just for completeness, here is a list of the carriers with which AS has an interline ticketing agreement. AA AB AC AF AM AV
BA BF BR CI CM CO
CX CZ DE DL EG EI
FJ FZ HA HP HU IG
JL KE KL KS K5 LA
LO LP LR MF MH MT
MW MX NZ OZ PR PS
PZ QF QR SA SK SQ
S4 TA TK TP UA US
VA VW VX WP WS YV
3M 4C 7H 9K 9X
Ok, this list is obviously REALLY outdated. Continental? America West? US Airways? Takes me waaaaay back, lol!
lougord99, ursine1 and benfro6 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.