Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Singapore F and ANA F Suite for only 80k United Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat

File this one under "thats interesting", but I've been exploring more than a few weird itineraries and came upon an award that includes legs on both Singapore F class and ANA Suites in Feb 2021.
Granted the Singapore F flight is less than two hours, you have to fly 7+ hour stretches in the back of the plane before and after, and you've got to preposition yourself in Adelaide Australia, at least you get 7 hours in the Private Room and for 80k miles, this is a steal compared to any premium cabin departing or returning to the USA.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
At first I thought this was an awful deal because your screen shot doesn't show the last leg and your thread title is horrible. This is actually an ADL-HNL fare, not just to TYO. I only saw it with the mouse-over pop-up that appears showing all classes.

SIN-CGK is a 1hr15min flight. Not worth suites at all. SIN-HNL will be OK in NH F I'm sure. But 80K miles for the two main legs (ADL-SIN and CGK-TYO) in coach? No, I don't think is a great deal.

-RM
Old Apr 2, 2020, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
And seven hours in the Private Room is a torture more than anything else (what do you do for so long?). I'd rather go to a hotel where I can sit by the outside pool.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 7:37 am

You couldn't pay me to do this. Sorry.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Over 42 hours? Not for me!
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:04 am
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
People actually consider doing things like these?
"Sure, you have to reposition to Adelaide first, but that's easy, right?"
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I did something similar but got all segments in J or F. That makes it a great value for 80K miles.
tcdtcd, RobOnLI, onthesam and 8 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Let me start off by staying that I love flying, so what I'm looking for will often be more imaginative than what others desire in their itineraries.

So yeah, absolutely, this is not a viable itinerary, but for all those who believe that booking Singapore First is completely impossible or that ANA Suites are out of reach. Here is an itinerary with both, for less miles that it would be for just the NRT to HNL by itself (85k miles).

Ultimately, I found this itinerary because I do need to get back to the states from Australia. What I ended up booking is Perth-Singapore-Tokyo-Hono in J, J, and F. This is the same price as a SYD-LAX saver fares in 6 across UA business class that people are so eager to snatch up (or only 60k if I kept the last segment in J). I'll catch a cheap revenue flight back home from Hono.

Brisbane is another interesting proposition for Australia travel. AC is the only North American *A carrier to fly there (with arguably a better hard product in J than what UA sends down under and better saver availability). So from BNE, I could fly back to the states for 90k on AC via YVR or I could fly to Hawaii via YVR for 60k. That's just nuts to me! I love being in the air so I'd easily choose to save 30k miles to spend a day in paradise and catch a revenue ticket back home from there.
Additionally, I'm planning a whole southern hemisphere excursion, so I booked SCL-YYZ-YVR-BNE on AC, all segments in J for 90k United miles. It costs 80k for just a Southern South America to North America award. Why not spend 10k more miles to see Australia?

I know people love to complain about dynamic pricing, but if you enjoy flying and don't start or end in North America, there are still deals to be had.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 10:02 am

Sitting in the Private Room is akin to sitting in the lobby of an old, grand but now unpopular hotel.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by therossinator
Brisbane is another interesting proposition for Australia travel. AC is the only North American *A carrier to fly there (with arguably a better hard product in J than what UA sends down under and better saver availability).
I wouldn't count on YVR-BNE surviving the COVID-19 crisis, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Also, UA was sending New Polaris down to OZ on the 777-300 and a refurbished 787 recently...
Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
Sitting in the Private Room is akin to sitting in the lobby of an old, grand but now unpopular hotel.
Great food and you can spend more time seeing SIN airport, an attraction in its own right,
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
yeah if it was J in the other 2 segments I would do it but this is not cool as is

NRT-HNL is 85K alone in NH F I would rather spend the extra 5K miles and just position to TYO than to ADL, but hey to each his own

I flew SIN-AKL in SQ F last year on UA miles from a post on here so maybe someone will find this useful!!
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whitethunder
yeah if it was J in the other 2 segments I would do it but this is not cool as is

NRT-HNL is 85K alone in NH F I would rather spend the extra 5K miles and just position to TYO than to ADL, but hey to each his own

I flew SIN-AKL in SQ F last year on UA miles from a post on here so maybe someone will find this useful!!
That was my post. Glad you were able to take advantage of it.
whitethunder and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Changes to flight schedules and equipment types are common when booking +300 days out. Having a four segment multi-airline itinerary only increases the odds.

SL
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by whitethunder

There's no service between Hawaii and Japan, so that wouldn't work anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.