Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Holidays refund

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Virgin Holidays refund

Hi

Anybody has an experience with VS holidays refund?

My holiday was cancelled 16/3 and a refund promised in 7 days

Upon enquiring today, I have now been told 45 days for the refund. I’m not happy to say the least.

I can’t help thinking VS are trying to hold on to my cash for as long as possible
Old Mar 28, 2020, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsB
Hi

Anybody has an experience with VS holidays refund?

My holiday was cancelled 16/3 and a refund promised in 7 days

Upon enquiring today, I have now been told 45 days for the refund. I’m not happy to say the least.

I can’t help thinking VS are trying to hold on to my cash for as long as possible
Did you pay with a credit card? If so your money is protected that way in case Virgin don't pay. And yes I agree, I expect Virgin are holding on to cash right now.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Yes - paid by credit card.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsB
Yes - paid by credit card.
Then relax and breathe. It may take some time but your money is protected
Old Mar 28, 2020, 8:46 am
Original Poster

I get that. But as someone who is self employed and then isolating due to shielding policies, I have no income and would appreciate my money back sooner than later rather than VS hanging on to it
Old May 5, 2020, 6:49 am

Did you ever get your refund? (If so was it via Virgin or Credit Card Co) I am now on Day 50 since Virgin said they would refund and have not received anything - except a blanket email to say they now no longer can give a timescale as to when refund will be processed. I complained to ABTA but got a wishy washy response more or less suggesting I accept a credit note which I do not wish to do.
Old May 5, 2020, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jeanette Brown
Did you ever get your refund? (If so was it via Virgin or Credit Card Co) I am now on Day 50 since Virgin said they would refund and have not received anything - except a blanket email to say they now no longer can give a timescale as to when refund will be processed. I complained to ABTA but got a wishy washy response more or less suggesting I accept a credit note which I do not wish to do.

still no refund. Was told up to 45 days. They have now said up to 90 days. I’ve started charge back proceedings with my bank as fed up of their excuses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.