Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

[No lounge access in 2F when departing from 2D] Lounge 2F and coronavirus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat

I had a flight connection CDG 2F to 2D. Both ticketed with AF although the second fought is operated by Georgia Airlines (AF code). I’m flying blue platinum.

I was not allowed into the lounge in 2F. I would like your input on what happened.

When I scanned by boarding pass at the lounge in 2F the machine bipped me through. Then one of the people manning the desk asked me to see my boarding passes and informed me that I wasn’t eligible to get into the lounge and had to go to 2D. I told them there is no lounge in 2D and I had a 3-hour connection but was still refused.

i believe the reason I caught their attention is that I was wearing a face mask. I have a person with cystic fibrosis at home so we are always careful to minimize bringing respiratory viruses home. Otherwise I would have gone through after my boarding pass let me in. I always go in through the machines without human interaction.

what are the rules for using a lounge at 2F when connecting between terminals (knowing that there is none at 2D)?

(it is only once I was at 2D that I had the idea of having tried the second 2F lounge without the mask)
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AnaTFN
what are the rules for using a lounge at 2F when connecting between terminals (knowing that there is none at 2D)?
The "rule" is that you have access to the lounge in your departure terminal only.

In practice, it is not always 100% enforced but, in principle, you had no entitlement to lounge access if you did not have access in 2D. THere is a lounge in 2D, which can be used on some AF codeshares (like AY, for instance) but I do not know what the story is with the Georgian airline codeshare.

As to the mask, I think that, along with the risk of coronavirus pandemic, we are in severe danger of a risk of an epidemic of paranoia. The reason why you were refused access was because you had no entitlement to access, not because of your mask.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:41 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by NickB
(...) but I do not know what the story is with the Georgian airline codeshare.(...).
If AF coded, the operating carrier is irrelevant for access to 2D lounge : FB Elite plus have access (but no guest allowed).
NickB, blairvanhorn and af fp like this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:47 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by AnaTFN
(...) knowing that there is none at 2D?
There is a 3rd party lounge at 2D. It is upstairs, after security and just before passport control.

From this lounge, you have an easy view of the queues (if any) at passport control, so you can plan your time of departure from the lounge if flying to non Shengen destination.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NickB
we are in severe danger of a risk of an epidemic of paranoia.
Paranoia? Seriously?

"The public-relations agency 5WPR surveyed 737 adult US consumers about Corona and found 38% said they "would not buy Corona under any circumstances." A total of 16% said they were "confused about whether Corona beer is related to the coronavirus."

Source

Johan
af fp and RoyalSwazi like this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 2:11 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Paranoia? Seriously?

"The public-relations agency 5WPR surveyed 737 adult US consumers about Corona and found 38% said they "would not buy Corona under any circumstances." A total of 16% said they were "confused about whether Corona beer is related to the coronavirus."

Source

Johan
Yeah. But that’s the US where the proportion of people living in a cloud of numb uninformed ignorance is higher than for instance in most European countries.

As soon as they “understand” that it’s a virus their paranoia does kick in. The uninformed version of course, starting with a complete cluelessness about the rest of the world. https://youtu.be/7_pw8duzGUg.

For instance I did hear stories about people cancelling their trip to Brussels because they didn’t figure that it was the capital of Belgium and not of Beijing.
af fp likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Yeah. But that’s the US where the proportion of people living in a cloud of numb uninformed ignorance is higher than for instance in most European countries.
I sometimes wonder if it is that much higher.

Saw a clip somewhere a while back where Dutch tourists vacationing in Crete were first asked some general questions about their experience ("Great! This is my sixth visit!") and then given a pointer and asked to point out the island on either a map of the Mediterranean of one of Europe and the ME. The most impressive were the person who pointed at Iceland (hey, at least it's an island) and the one who for some reason picked a spot in the middle of the Saudi Arabian desert, somewhere between Medina and Riyadh.

Johan
af fp and RoyalSwazi like this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Paranoia? Seriously?

Source

Johan
I would be interested in seeing how many of those 38% are saying that because of the virus. I would not buy Corona myself, under any circumstances, but for a very different reason indeed.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
I once heard an American interviewed on tv thinking Nicaragua was next to Nebraska, as states (sic) are arranged alphabetically.
johan rebel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.