Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Lists Available T-8 Hours February 25, 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

According to One Mile at a Time, upgrade lists are now available eight hours prior to departure, up from four hours!

https://onemileatatime.com/american-...m=BoardingArea

editing to add: the news originated from JonNYC -- also, it looks like maybe this is actually just a beta feature and not yet available to the general public. Never mind that last bit, it's showing as an update in the app store for me now. As the article notes, people don't get added to the PALL list until they've checked in.
Antarius and seigex like this.

Last edited by donotblink; Feb 25, 2020 at 1:38 pm
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
8 is better than 4.

But hope they can go to 24 next.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
This is good news but again the list can (and often does) change as people check in. This could help those that might want to go standby or SDC but don't know where they stand in the pecking order on their original order. If you could see the list at T-8 (and especially T-24) and you're already number 17 you know it ain't gonna happen.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I really wish it would show the first three characters if the last name and first initial in addition to status, 12 month rolling EQDs and upgrade type. It would be good to know if I'm being edged out by someone just a few more EQDs than me, or by someone with lower EQDs, but using a more powerful upgrade instrument, that I could change to as well (i.e. 2 executive platinums, but one listed on complementary and one listed as miles/copay).
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by donotblink
I really wish it would show the first three characters if the last name and first initial in addition to status, 12 month rolling EQDs and upgrade type. It would be good to know if I'm being edged out by someone just a few more EQDs than me, or by someone with lower EQDs, but using a more powerful upgrade instrument, that I could change to as well (i.e. 2 executive platinums, but one listed on complementary and one listed as miles/copay).
I think that's way too much competitive information to display.

If I was UA or DL, I'd just troll lists endlessly.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antarius
I think that's way too much competitive information to display.

If I was UA or DL, I'd just troll lists endlessly.
except the info is only available to people booked on that flight.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still, UA can buy tickets on key routes. Cheapest Intel they'd ever have to buy.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:00 pm
Suspended

You'd still have people howling that AA was disclosing private information albeit it's not like you could gleam much about the person.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
If your looking to get a Como upgrade to me an upgrade list T-5 minutes really seems like the only bit of info that’s useful.
iadisgreat likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
If your looking to get a Como upgrade to me an upgrade list T-5 minutes really seems like the only bit of info that’s useful.
What are you talking about? Upgrades are often cleared at the gate at T-45ish, though sometimes they do clear more later if there are no shows or mis-connects. If you're flying a route with high frequency it can help you decide if you'd rather do a SDFC to get a better shot at an upgrade.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
10 of my last 12 cleared at or around T100. 1 cleared at T3 and one was full in J when I booked it.

​​​
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
These upgrade lists are useless if you don't know how many seats are available.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justforfun
While not entirely helpful, you can search for flights and see the seat-map for F/J. You can also search expertflyer and see what number is next to J.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Antarius
10 of my last 12 cleared at or around T100. 1 cleared at T3 and one was full in J when I booked it.

​​​
it’s been so long since I’ve cleared 10 upgrades period so for me at least it is meaningless.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by justforfun
If you pull up the list at T-8 and see your like number 20 on a 738 the odds that you will clear are probably pretty slim. Therefore you might want to standby for an earlier flight knowing either way you sitting in Y. And lately even for an EXP there's isn't all that uncommon.
Zacnlinc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.