Wiki Posts
Search

Ba 104 dxb- lhr

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Ba 104 dxb- lhr

I have just received notification from BA that the above flight on Sunday 1 March is now leaving at 13:00 rather than 14:00. No further information is provided. It's not much of an inconvenience, but I note that the scheduled arrival time is still the same. Does anyone know what the reason for this schedule change is and why the flight seems to be taking an extra hour? Does this have something to do with Iranian airspace or equipment changes due to the 350 hydraulic problems? Apologies if I've missed an earlier relevant thread.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
I have just received notification from BA that the above flight on Sunday 1 March is now leaving at 13:00 rather than 14:00. No further information is provided. It's not much of an inconvenience, but I note that the scheduled arrival time is still the same. Does anyone know what the reason for this schedule change is and why the flight seems to be taking an extra hour? Does this have something to do with Iranian airspace or equipment changes due to the 350 hydraulic problems? Apologies if I've missed an earlier relevant thread.
Avoiding Iraq and Iran.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The routing now is down to Cairo, down the Red Sea, turn around Jeddah, then across Saudi and approaching Dubai from the south. I had the same a few weeks ago with notification that we were departing DXB 30 minutes early. As noted the list of countries to avoid in that area seems to be growing longer.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Same thing with my BA109 (LHR-DXB) on Wed, its dep now scheduled 1h 35min early. Don't really mind since it shrinks my long layover arriving from HEL.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I guess proactive time change is better than an hour late arrival as flight times have increased over an hour
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Also some discussion here:-

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.