Search

“Thanks for being an X medallion”

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
“Thanks for being an X medallion”

Interesting thing I’ve noticed over the last 4-6 months that not once have I been thanked for being a medallion.

Not talking about the “Thanks Mr Harris or anything” but simply when checking a bag, going to the sky club, or boarding the flight when scanning boarding pass when they would say “thanks for being an X medallion”

just my experience or have others noticed this too? Not a complaint just more curious.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Haven’t been keeping track but thanked by GA just now while boarding at YYZ.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:12 pm

It has never been a consistent thing in my experience. Maybe 10% I get "thanks for being x medallion", 20% they will make an attempt to say "thank you [my name]", 50% of the time I just get a thank you, 10% of the time it will be some other friendly words, and the other 10% of the time they just scan my boarding pass and say nothing.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would prefer not to be greeted as a piece of metal or gemstone that is typically worn on a chain around the neck. YMMV.
mctaste likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
I still get it occasionally when boarding. But don't get it on the plane or anything.

I know I've posted this story before, but I laughed pretty hard when my partner had a flight attendant lean over me and say thank you for being a Medallion member (who only had Gold status at the time because I gifted it) while completely ignoring me as a Diamond (as I always am). But the flight attendant was doing what her tablet said, and I suppose Delta believes our spouses have more influence decision on our travel than the primary flyer does I guess..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.