Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

LATAM lacks AS in the pulldown menu for mileage credit

Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:35 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

We have upcoming LATAM flights. I hadn't found a way to put my AS number in the booking but had found a reference saying I could do so when I checked in. Check in is now open but AS doesn't show up in the pulldown menu. Is my only alternative to go to the LATAM counter at TBIT on departure day?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Even calling in to add an AA number to the record, LATAM was useless. They said to have a person at the airport add the number so if you care about the credit, try to get somebody at the airport do it.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
happened to us a couple years ago; gate agents at LAX handled it w/o issue
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We have upcoming LATAM flights. I hadn't found a way to put my AS number in the booking but had found a reference saying I could do so when I checked in. Check in is now open but AS doesn't show up in the pulldown menu. Is my only alternative to go to the LATAM counter at TBIT on departure day?
Tried AY Finnar or RJ manage booking? Works for some airlines. Does not work for others
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:11 pm

That's weird. I just booked a ticket with LATAM yesterday and was able to choose AS on their website. Looks like it's only missing from the pull-down list at online checkin?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Tried AY Finnar or RJ manage booking? Works for some airlines. Does not work for others
Doesn't work for LATAM because LATAM is on Sabre, not Amadeus (used by AY and RJ).
Old Feb 29, 2020, 11:39 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

I checked in at the airport and was not allowed to add any number. I was told this was because they are leaving OneWorld. I said they had a separate arrangement with AS that was current as of the prior day. The agent continued to refuse. Fortunately, it seems that I had entered our AS numbers at the time of booking so all was good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.