Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Fee. Pay to Sit next to your Companion (IT Glitch)

Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat

Obviously an IT Glitch but never the less funny.

Bot myself and my mom who I am flying to RDU to visit my sister are in 1st but Delta wants us to pay to sit next to each other.

My mom is seated in 2D and they have me in 4D. We can't change seats without being charged $44 dollars.

Side Notes: Tickets were booked together, but I did neglect to select seats together at booking, and both flyers have window as their seat preference.

Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:23 am

Call in and they can take care of this for you.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Want 4C Buy 4C
Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Hah! I guess the most surprising thing to me on this is that JFK-RDU is on a regional jet. I forget how spoiled I am in ATL.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It looks like DL is trying to sell the OP a FCM upgrade for $44. Could the flight have been on a CRJ-700 or equivalent at some point, so that 4D was a C+ seat?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by ethernal
Hah! I guess the most surprising thing to me on this is that JFK-RDU is on a regional jet. I forget how spoiled I am in ATL.
They have a mix of CR9/E170/717's on RDU-JFK. Occasionally a A320. Looks like this week it's 3x 717 and 2x CR9. Still nothing like ATL, but having a few mainline rounds from a non-hub is nice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.