Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First reward flights to Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

First reward flights to Singapore

Couple of years since did this route. Can only see one day in next year for two people a first reward flight.
Is this normal now for this route?
Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:38 pm
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by g888
Couple of years since did this route. Can only see one day in next year for two people a first reward flight.
Is this normal now for this route?
Thanks

finding same hear in the past there is always a tiny window of availability around a year ahead,but looking at either Singapore Kuala Lumpur or Hong Kong, the latter the easiest to find and absolutely nothing. Maybe BA are pulling F from the reward pool, who knows but having used a 2-1 on this route most years, finding this strange and perhaps a glimpse of more executive club changes. Maybe also wait till end of sale.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 12:20 am

Programs: Executive club Gold
They do come up, my husband got me out of bed at 6 last Saturday as he'd managed to find 4 reward flights in first to Singapore on June 23rd and 4 rewards in first returning 2 weeks later. As we already have several long haul leisure trips booked he thought I might say no. I bit his hand off so we're flying out with our adult children for a few days in the city then on to Bali. Despite being the very straight laced man that he is he has decided the stars aligned as its my 40th birthday on the 24th and the flying geek that I am is thrilled to be flying in first to somewhere amazing as I Celebrate at midnight. (He's also booked to fly to New Orleans on our 20th wedding anniversary in March so all my celebrations this year will be spent sipping champagne and watching films up in the air, bless him!)

I've just asked as he does study the availability a lot for travel with the children and he said it was the first time in 2 years he had seen 4 rewards in first to Singapore, and even more rare to see a return matching set in a reasonable time frame.
MM00LL2 and cosmo74 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond
I actually just booked two F on an Amex 2-4-1 for a week in July/August on Friday. I thought there seemed a fair number to choose form although the outbounds and inbounds didn't always line up nicely.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've also just booked two in F on an Amex 2-4-1 going out in August and returning 18 days later in September.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I've noticed the huge reduction in F to KUL HKG & SIN

Far off it used to be fairly easy, and worked well with a convoluted AMS-BKK when that fare was kicking around. As noted, I think the reduction is in line with reducing the number of F seats to 8 and no need to offer so many F rewards into late 2020/21
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:36 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by Workie Ticket
I've also just booked two in F on an Amex 2-4-1 going out in August and returning 18 days later in September.
yes those dates are easy as August is not high season. Most people want to go to Singapore in the winter months, probably using it as a gateway to Asian resortr
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by fdem
yes those dates are easy as August is not high season. Most people want to go to Singapore in the winter months, probably using it as a gateway to Asian resortr
We are spending a few days in Singapore and then going to meet family travelling from New Zealand to Bali during the high season there so those dates are perfect for us.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:05 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I suspect a lot of the F seats to and through SIN are taken by people with GUFs. I certainly can't think of a better use for one.

A couple of years ago I might have burned a GUF for TATL travel, but not since AA upgraded their business class product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.