Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Supposed to be coach award; ticket says Y class; shall I credit miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:28 am
Original Poster

A friend booked an international coach award ticket for me on delta.com using his miles. The first leg is on China Eastern metal and the rest two legs are on Delta.

When China Eastern prints all three tickets, the two Delta ones says class Y.

Can I credit miles for those two legs to my Delta account?
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:33 am

Programs: DL DM (ST E+), AA PM, UA GM
You can give it a try, although I'm sure Delta will know from the ticket number that it's part of an award trip
Old Jan 26, 2020, 3:26 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I had Y on my boarding passes whenever I flew China Eastern. That's just their way to indicate that you are sitting in Economy, and not a statement about the ticket class you bought (this is also the case for many European airlines). The miles get assigned through the information that is associated with your ticket number, and this will indicate that you were on an award ticket. So I think you can save yourself and DL the time needed to inquire about missing miles and to process the reject of the request...
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 6:58 am

I tried this on Westjet. Y booking class but DL knew it was an award ticket.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The BP is what was printed, not the ticket. Most airlines simply print P/C/W/Y on the BP to denote cabin, not fare class.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC KLM used to put M on the boarding pass for discounted coach fare classes (usually assigned to seats way in the back, with every seat filled) and use Y for fares that were considered more flexible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.