Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

This location does not participate in World of Hyatt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP

I've come across two properties now, Suncadia in central WA and Wild Dunes Resort in South Carolina, that have this disclaimer when trying to book "This location does not participate in World of Hyatt". I know there are other properties that do not provide Globalist benefits, but do these two properties not even earn points or night credits?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:48 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Alpinetrekker
I've come across two properties now, Suncadia in central WA and Wild Dunes Resort in South Carolina, that have this disclaimer when trying to book "This location does not participate in World of Hyatt". I know there are other properties that do not provide Globalist benefits, but do these two properties not even earn points or night credits?
There is currently a list of 9 properties, including the 2 you mentioned, that do not participate. You do not earn points or nights at those properties or receive any WoH benefits.

The full list (as of the 5 December 2019 version of the T&Cs) is
  • The Cranwell Golf & Spa Resort
  • Alila Purnama
  • Wild Dunes Resort
  • Vacation Rentals at Wild Dunes Resort
  • Sunriver Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Sunriver Resort
  • Suncadia Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Suncadia Resort
  • Snowmass Luxury Homes by Destination Residences Snowmass
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
That seems a little troubling to me. If they do not at least earn points/credits, why are they featured on Hyatt's website? Sunriver Resort for example does not show up on Hyatt.com, but it is on the Destination website.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
That seems a little troubling to me. If they do not at least earn points/credits, why are they featured on Hyatt's website? Sunriver Resort for example does not show up on Hyatt.com, but it is on the Destination website.
I think since the Two Roads acquisition, which includes Destination Hotels, hotels show up on Hyatt.com due to the booking/reservations system now being handled by Hyatt. This doesn't mean they are part of WoH and they usually make sure to notify us on the hotel page. It just looks like Sunriver Resort didn't move their reservations system to Hyatt, due to unknown reasons.

There are plenty of other Two Roads properties that don't fully support WoH benefits or earn credits/points. I agree its a little confusing when you see this on Hyatt.com

Another situation is that there are several properties that do show up on Hyatt.com, but they are still in the phase of being integrated into WoH. They notify on the hotel page if they are participating within WoH

Last edited by cvseuy; Jan 24, 2020 at 9:32 am
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
The Ambassador (East), fabled Chicago Hotel, also makes an appearance on the website, though it too does not participate in WOH at this time. I’d be thrilled if it does indeed join the program, as it would be a great addition to the Hyatt Chicago portfolio. It would also be an excellent staycation hotel for me and an ideal place to use Guest of Honor for relatives and friends coming to visit.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jchiguy1
The Ambassador (East), fabled Chicago Hotel, also makes an appearance on the website, though it too does not participate in WOH at this time. I’d be thrilled if it does indeed join the program, as it would be a great addition to the Hyatt Chicago portfolio. It would also be an excellent staycation hotel for me and an ideal place to use Guest of Honor for relatives and friends coming to visit.
From a call I had last week, it is joining the Joie de Vivre brand and will participate in WOH within the next 1-2 months.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by skj
There is currently a list of 9 properties, including the 2 you mentioned, that do not participate. You do not earn points or nights at those properties or receive any WoH benefits.

The full list (as of the 5 December 2019 version of the T&Cs) is
  • The Cranwell Golf & Spa Resort
  • Alila Purnama
  • Wild Dunes Resort
  • Vacation Rentals at Wild Dunes Resort
  • Sunriver Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Sunriver Resort
  • Suncadia Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Suncadia Resort
  • Snowmass Luxury Homes by Destination Residences Snowmass
why don't they participate in World of Hyatt?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by zack14
why don't they participate in World of Hyatt?
Because it costs $$$. All Hyatt properties pay a fee or % of revenue to participate in WOH. Many people don't understand how the hotel business actually works: NONE of these hotels are owned by Hyatt (or operated by Hyatt) they are independently owned properties affiliated with Two Roads Hospitality (essentially, a reservations system) that was acquired by Hyatt. Their respective contracts w/Two Roads apparently did not obligate them to participate in a merger, and they have chosen not to... I suspect they will all soon either leave Hyatt all together or join Hyatt completely (and participate in WOH) within the next year or so.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Alila Purnama, it should be noted, is a sailboat.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Sometimes it’s not about the points. Don’t let the tail wag the dog.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Does Wild Dunes still not participate? They are listed as a Destination Hotels. Has the situation been rectified?
Old Dec 31, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by stvr
Alila Purnama, it should be noted, is a sailboat.
It's one of the nicest diving liveaboards in the world! It's too bad it doesn't participate in WoH...
Old Dec 31, 2020, 11:07 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Does Wild Dunes still not participate? They are listed as a Destination Hotels. Has the situation been rectified?
they joined March 13, 2020 as per the list of participating hotels.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ew-brands.html
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I just stayed here and confirm they participate. Globalist brekkie was solid.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 5:07 pm

Are most onsite restaurants open now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.