Wiki Posts
Search

PDX Dining Options Near AS Concourse

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
PDX Dining Options Near AS Concourse

Tired of Capers, and since we can't use our Priority Pass there anymore anyway, looking for something different. However, we'd have to go out of Security and come back in - have never done that on a layover - not a big deal? We have a 3 hour layover so plenty of time, I think.

Any other place to eat that is a step up from faster food?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Tired of Capers, and since we can't use our Priority Pass there anymore anyway, looking for something different. However, we'd have to go out of Security and come back in - have never done that on a layover - not a big deal? We have a 3 hour layover so plenty of time, I think.

Do you have Precheck? Depending on the time of day, day of week, Precheck at PDX is very quick. I usually can get from curb to gate in the mornings in 15 minutes.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:57 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold

Why can't you use PP at Capers? It's still listed on the PP page.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K

Not that I'd recommend it, but you could probably go to into Portland and eat breakfast with a 3-hour layover. More than enough time to head out of security for sure.
mctaste likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Capers stopped taking it last year. I think some people have reported success in getting some form of credit from AmEx since PP still advertises it.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
There is Kenny and Zukes near Capers; they have a selection of deli items and salads and if you like beer, there is a good selection of those.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Not that I'd recommend it, but you could probably go to into Portland and eat breakfast with a 3-hour layover. More than enough time to head out of security for sure.
if an afternoon/early evening layover, ParkStone Wood Kitchen and Taps at Cascade Station (one stop east on MAX, or use the hotel shuttle for Hyatt Place or Aloft) is a good option
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Even if you only had 90 minutes, you’d have plenty of time to leave, eat, and re-clear security. I’ve always found Beaches to be okay, but nothing special. Here’s a link to a nice review of PDX food options (updated last November): https://pdx.eater.com/2016/5/24/1176...estaurants-pdx
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Folks w/ PP via Amex are no longer eligible for the restaurant credit "lounges", which may be what they're referring to.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Capers stopped taking it last year. I think some people have reported success in getting some form of credit from AmEx since PP still advertises it.
Amex-tied PP cards stopped offering the restaurant benefit across the board. PP cards tied to Chase (and perhaps other) issued credit cards still have the restaurant benefit and I used it last at Capers back in December. I have not heard of Capers unilaterally not accepting the cards anymore. Only other Capers news I am aware of is https://www.doctorofcredit.com/caper...ing-new-rules/
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Amex-tied PP cards stopped offering the restaurant benefit across the board. PP cards tied to Chase (and perhaps other) issued credit cards still have the restaurant benefit and I used it last at Capers back in December. I have not heard of Capers unilaterally not accepting the cards anymore. Only other Capers news I am aware of is https://www.doctorofcredit.com/caper...ing-new-rules/
Yes, I was referencing the AmEx side of things. There was some initial confusion when the change was made.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jrl767
if an afternoon/early evening layover, ParkStone Wood Kitchen and Taps at Cascade Station (one stop east on MAX, or use the hotel shuttle for Hyatt Place or Aloft) is a good option
Yep, I did exactly this late last year after an extended (6h ish) PDX layover that would have enabled me to take the MAX into downtown was cut short due to a delayed LAX departure. Pretty good food and a lot of beverage choices on tap.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Am I the only one who initially thought this thread was about a bReach in PDX security?? Lol....with that said, 3 hours is more than enough time to eat Beaches, especially if you have pre-check.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Thanks, guys. Yes, we have an Amex-tied PP. I don't think we want to leave the premises completely, the other place I was considering was the Country Cat, but I'll take a look at that link in #8 . Our Precheck is totally random, sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:04 pm

I forgot to mention that Screen Door is coming to PDX sometime later this year. I assume it will be sit down style like the original and hopefully have the same great food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.