Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Email Reservation Confirmation Issue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG & BoardRoom

In recent weeks, since the New Year, I no longer receive reservation confirmation emails after making reservations on the App. It has occurred six times in a row.

I contacted Bonvoy CS for help but they could offer none. I searched my Account page for some type of toggle for email notifications but could not find a solution.

Suggestions appreciated.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Same issue. Figured I would check FT to see if others had this problem. A search brings up this thread from last year but I don't see a solution. Not receiving confirmation emails anymore
arcticflier likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott & SPG, Hilton, Avis
Same here. Two separate online reservations and no email confirmation for either.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
I booked yesterday on the website and received an email confirmation.

Are you all using the app?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrM2016
I booked yesterday on the website and received an email confirmation.

Are you all using the app?
Yes, I used the App each time and did not use Points. I used credit card on file.

Thanks All for your experience.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I get them consistently for both reservations and cancellations, although it can take anywhere from an hour to overnight for them to show up.
arcticflier likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I get them consistently for both reservations and cancellations, although it can take anywhere from an hour to overnight for them to show up.
Exactly. Thats just what I used to get!
And come to think of it, I did not receive a cancellation notice with my recent cancellation.

I think I will bring this concern up with CS once more.

Thank you
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For a while I wasn't consistently getting email confirmations and then my Ambassador said that the problem was my response to the purpose of travel question. Apparently Starriott was deciding not to send business confirmations to the email address I had on file, which is my personal email.
arcticflier likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Five more individual stays at various Marriott Brands and still no email “Reservation Confirmations” and four attempts at remedy with Customer Service.

It makes no difference whether I list “reason for stay” as Business or Personal.

All reservations made using the most current App version each time and using card on file and not points.

Quite disheartening.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For a while I wasn't consistently getting email confirmations and then my Ambassador said that the problem was my response to the purpose of travel question. Apparently Starriott was deciding not to send business confirmations to the email address I had on file, which is my personal email.
Was your Ambassador able to resolve this using your personal email or was it necessary to change your email address to your business?

thank you
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Why would you ever make a booking through the app? Missing out on lots of cashback when booking via browser.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 3:30 pm

Was this resolved for you guys?

I used to get confirmation emails and also plan reminder emails for hotel bookings from [email protected]. I wanted to unsubscribe from reminders and clicked on unsubscribe on 7/1 without realizing it is the same email for confirmation. Since this, I am not getting Confirmation emails.

Please note I get other emails Like folio, and security code emails for two-factor auth, etc..

Phone calls to customer care and emails have not resulted in a resolution. They just reply saying sent a reservation email please check without regard for the actual issue and never get those email as well.

Status - Platinum on bnonvoy.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
It happened to me for several weeks in a row. I thought I wasn't getting my confirmation emails, but realized they were going straight into the trash bin. I guess I somehow accidentally blocked the sender [email protected].

On my Apple device, I went into Settings > Mail > Blocked and then I scrolled through the long list of blocked contacts until I found the Marriott address and unblocked it. I am now getting my confirmation emails again.

Welcome to FT!
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.