Search

Voucher Booking problem

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Voucher Booking problem

Hi,

I booked a return flight LHR-SIN using my Lloyd’s Avios upgrade voucher which I decided to change yesterday. I amended the return leg over the phone and paid the service fee and some extra tax. I selected my seat online etc. Today , I receive a message from Avios saying that they can’t make the booking as it’s over 12 months the from the date of the original booking which was 05 Nov 2019. This is not great as I have since booked onward fares. Any suggestions? It seems like something that should have been flagged up by their system yesterday.

On the assumption that they dont sort this out, can I cancel both legs and reuse the voucher to book the flights I want assuming award availability is still there?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:12 am
Original Poster

I have checked the BA app which is still showing that I am on the flight I changed to. At least the email from Avios didn’t go into Spam!
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I can’t help you with the original question however it means not much to see the flight in the BA app. If you don’t do anything it either stays like this up until the flight or just get cancelled by the robots. If the booking has no e-tickets and I’m guessing that is the problem, you will not going to fly even if you turn up at the airport. If you booked this ticket with Avios and not with BA, the BA ticketing agent won’t even see how much you need to pay or how much did you pay etc. They will just tell you to call Avios and they have to sort it out.
I hope someone who knows more on the exact rules on the Lloyds voucher can advise you better what options if any you have.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:06 am

I'm no expert on the Lloyds voucher either but it used to be the case that if you cancelled you lost the voucher. Maybe this will jog the memories of others who can correct/confirm this key point?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

This appears to have been resolved with Avios deciding to issue the ticket for 15 Dec booked in error. I suspect that the alternative, if I didn’t want to fly on another date within the voucher’s validity, was rebooking my original flight but that no longer has award availability so I presume would have cost Avios a lot of cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.