Accor redemption slider missing

Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Accor redemption slider missing

I used to be able to book any Ibis in Germany / France / UK using Accor points, reducing the cost in chunks of 2,000 points.

But now I can't find the slider on the booking site, whether I use website, mobile website, or mobile app.

What am I doing wrong?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:12 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
1) Can you see an icon of 2 coins when you get to the list of room types and rates? There should be a note saying that the room/rate can be paid with points.

2) If I remember correctly, the slider only appears after you've chosen your room and the rate, ignored any special offers and introduced your personal details. So you need to click on "book" and/or "confirm" a few times before you get to the slider.
hotel_user and Wanderlust888 like this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:24 am
Original Poster

I don't see the two coins symbol on the ones I tried. I have got as far as the screen for credit card details.

One example is Mercure Munich, flexible rate for Double Room. No slider and no two coin symbol.

Can anyone suggest a hotel I can test that definitely allows redemptions?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
I have noticed that some hotels have rates that you can not use points for, or that you can book only if you have the breakfast option.

Can you book a random date in another location apart from where you have tried. ?

I booked in the UK a few days ago using points, and tried a dummy booking in Limoges and had no problem.

The web site should show "ALL benefit. Use your Rewards points to receive a discount of at least 40€."

Look for the two small coin icon next to the room type. Example shown above.

The point reduction offer is at the last stage of the booking process, as testman has already said.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Hi

I have just tried a dummy booking at the hotel you have failed on, and (if you ignore the Stay Plus - this is Accor Plus Related and will not affect the points ) can do a booking using points.

Screen Shot attached. I have no idea what the problem is ? e mail hotel and ask if you can book with points and cash ?

Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Thank you. The two coin symbol and the ALL Benefit wording just isn't there for me.

I have plenty of points but I guess something is wrong in my settings/preferences.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: Accor All Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, iberia Plus Plat
I had the same kind of questions a few days ago as never before I saw the rates or hotels that did not allow to redeem points. I had the discount with points window popping up in EACH single booking. It seems that with the new loyalty program this has changed and there are a LOT of exceptions and blackout dates/rates... I am Diamond but I already decided to move a lot of bookings to Marriott this year as I see the loyalty program of Accor being worse instead of introducing improvements.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
I also had the same issue when I tried to book Fairmont Dubai. Not really sure if it’s just a glitch and I should wait until it is sorted out.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 2:32 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
A less likely possibility is you are running an ad-blocker, I have found they interfere sometimes with desired site functionality. Just a thought
Wanderlust888 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
A less likely possibility is you are running an ad-blocker, I have found they interfere sometimes with desired site functionality. Just a thought
Thanks I will try without.

By the way should the Accor Live app allow redemptions? It used to but doesn't any more for me.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:22 pm

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Gold, IHG One Rewards Platinum, SNCF Grand Voyager le club, Hertz 5* Gold,
I had the same problem a few months back.
Your account has been blocked for redemptions due to a security risk. You need to call them and jump through their illogical hoops to be able to get redemptions back.
how to book with points?
IMH and hotel_user like this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MalFr
I had the same problem a few months back.
Your account has been blocked for redemptions due to a security risk. You need to call them and jump through their illogical hoops to be able to get redemptions back.
how to book with points?
Thank you, it must be that.

I called Accor and they said the account is fine, definitely not blocked, and the hotel must have changed their redemption policy. I probably need to HUACA.

(Last year a hotel tried to take an authorisation prior to my arrival on a flexible rate using my Curve card, and this failed through no fault of my own. Sounds like the hotel decided to tell Accor to put a flag on the account, even though the hotel wasn't out of pocket as I cancelled that stay within the cancellation deadline).
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:33 am

I am having the same issue as the OP. Even using the Munich hotel shown for a variety of dates, I cannot get the 'coins' to appear. I have over 4000 points. When I called Accor, they said everything with my account was fine. Not sure what to do either. Missing out on a possible 80EUR saving on a hotel and my points will expire soon. Doesn't matter which hotel I pick, can never get the 'coins'. Same issue on the app and when using the call center.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:02 pm

Finally got this issue resolved. After lots of call with Customer Care and pretty much being send round the houses, it was finally discovered that my account was suspended (possibly due to a possible password hack). It was the IT team that spotted it as it wasn't apparent when just looking at the account. The solution was that I had to reset my password and send a screen shot of it being reset along with a picture of some ID to their customer care team. Within 24 hours, it was fixed and I was able to book the hotel using my points. Hopefully this will help others having a similar issue. Make sure you push the customer care team to ask IT to check that the account is not suspended.

Happy days .... finally and luckily the hotel price remained the same while all this was happening!!
hotel_user and Goldorak like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by balsingh
Finally got this issue resolved.
Pleased to hear it!

Does anyone use a third-party points-tracking service and could that be cause of this matter?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.