Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

most rows blocked from advance seat reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold

On a recent flight and two upcoming flights my previous seat assigned has been randomly changed and the seat map shows the majority of economy rows blocked (with me in the middle of it all). Has anyone else seen this problem? reserving exit rows is now impossible even if contacting customer support.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by riku2
On a recent flight and two upcoming flights my previous seat assigned has been randomly changed and the seat map shows the majority of economy rows blocked (with me in the middle of it all). Has anyone else seen this problem? reserving exit rows is now impossible even if contacting customer support.
I am seeing similar for my August flight ARN-HEL. Economy is rows 3-29, but rows 3-13 (and 28/29DEF) show as occupied which I don't think they all are. Have not seen this before.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I had the same issue recently. CS said it is a bug and will be fixed „soon“. Not even CS was able to assign seats, they said they are occupied which clearly they are not.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by florens
I had the same issue recently. CS said it is a bug and will be fixed „soon“. Not even CS was able to assign seats, they said they are occupied which clearly they are not.
Interesting as for my outbound HEL-STO, also in August, I was able to choose an exit seat, no Y seats were occupied at all.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vulle
Interesting as for my outbound HEL-STO, also in August, I was able to choose an exit seat, no Y seats were occupied at all.
I don‘t know which flights are affected. Obviously not all of them but some. Very odd.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
I think it might be related to aircraft change since I had HEL-EDI return booked and the HEL-EDI seat reservations worked ok but EDI-HEL was changed from E90 -> A 319 and that suffered the large seat blocking issue.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:15 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Amadeus Altéa Departure control is working its magic.
Happened a lot when they first introduced it, perhaps someone did a reconfig and didn't get some parameter right?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by florens
CS said it is a bug and will be fixed „soon“.
Are they going to fix the codeshare seat selection issue at the same time? Still going strong since spring 2016 (the introduction of single PNRs).
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by riku2
I think it might be related to aircraft change since I had HEL-EDI return booked and the HEL-EDI seat reservations worked ok but EDI-HEL was changed from E90 -> A 319 and that suffered the large seat blocking issue.
I don't think so. It happened here as well and no aircraft change was involved in my scenario.

Originally Posted by esledo
Are they going to fix the codeshare seat selection issue at the same time? Still going strong since spring 2016 (the introduction of single PNRs).
I don't think the codeshare seat selection issue will be fixed as AY has no interest in fixing it.
esledo and jouhka like this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
My booking HEL-ARN-ARN which was booked on 15th Jan - first available row 23 and for return 19 -- has not changed since.

I have not yet bothered to call. Annoying? Yes.

-j
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: AY+
I have similar experiences from a few domestic flights. The app has showed most of the seats occupied (like from row 3 to 10) and the plane has usually been half empty and no-one or only a few passengers sitting on occupied rows.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Could it be that this is intentional? Block the first few rows of Y, because they might be needed for J. (Although this theory doesn't really hold true for domestic flights...)
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
Originally Posted by ffay005
Could it be that this is intentional? Block the first few rows of Y, because they might be needed for J. (Although this theory doesn't really hold true for domestic flights...)
I do understand balancing reasons on ATR or 10 first rows - but 23 front rows...
OHTOW likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by jouhka
I do understand balancing reasons on ATR or 10 first rows - but 23 front rows...
Thats quite optimistic it must be an IT thing. Have you checked expertflyer? Are the seats occupied there as well?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tulokas
Thats quite optimistic it must be an IT thing. Have you checked expertflyer? Are the seats occupied there as well?
Seats show as free on EF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.