Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays - 24 hr grace cancellation?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:27 am
Original Poster

BA Holidays - 24 hr grace cancellation?

Quick question please. If I book a flight+car "holiday" through ba.com does it also come with the 24 hour cancellation without charge period?

Thx
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:29 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by aristoph
Quick question please. If I book a flight+car "holiday" through ba.com does it also come with the 24 hour cancellation without charge period?

Thx
Only if the booking is made over the phone, holiday bookings made online at ba.com do not have the 24hr cancellation benefit that a flight only booking would enjoy.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No, however you can in the 24hrs phone up without charge and change the flights - which I did during the good old days of AMS-BKK for Ł1,100.00 - to a more convenient routing
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks both for the quick response.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:36 am

Just to put a little more meat on those answers, here is the T&Cs:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and-conditions

Sections 3.2 & 3.3 are relevant and note that the 24 hour cancellation period for phone bookings does not apply if your departure date is 14 days or less away
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I fell foul of this yesterday, booked a BA holiday online only to realise later that day that there was a "Spend Ł300 with BA and get an extra 3000 Avios" offer on my AMEX, had I booked on the phone I would have been able to cancel and book again and get the bonus. Oh well.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I fell foul of this yesterday, booked a BA holiday online only to realise later that day that there was a "Spend Ł300 with BA and get an extra 3000 Avios" offer on my AMEX, had I booked on the phone I would have been able to cancel and book again and get the bonus. Oh well.
I presume you have paid the full amount or have less than Ł300 remaining balance?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
I presume you have paid the full amount or have less than Ł300 remaining balance?
It was a last minute booking (for next weekend) so no choice for a deposit there unfortunately.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:55 am

It was a last minute booking (for next weekend) so no choice for a deposit there unfortunately.
Ah well, win some lose some I guess! It's frustrating but I always try (don't always succeed!) to be sanguine about these sorts of things and presumably the deal was good enough to book in its own right absent any further offers.

You'll just need to book another for later in the year
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
presumably the deal was good enough to book in its own right absent any further offers.

You'll just need to book another for later in the year
Certainly a great deal, flights + hotel came to less than the flights alone. It is only 3000 Avios anyway.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Was that offer not extended to BA Holidays bookings???
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by aristoph
Was that offer not extended to BA Holidays bookings???
The purchase from BA holidays would have been eligible for the AMEX offer but I only realised the offer was there after booking.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Subscribe to the offer - Amex may honour it anyway
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by ptr120
I did anyway, in the hopes that it might work out. Or that I book something else before it expires.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by ptr120
The offer is showing as redeemed in by Amex app, they did honour it
BertieBadger and RockyRobin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.