Are ORD-PEK frequencies been reduced?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Are ORD-PEK frequencies been reduced?

Apology if this has been discussed.

I have a business trip late in Feb IAH-ORD-PEK. UA has notified me that ORD-PEK flight has been cancelled on Saturday Feb 29, and I have been rerouted onto IAH-IAD-PEK.

I have not checked UA schedules for flight 850/851, but want check if others in the forum has heard of anything.

i am on UA850 today and Polaris was 17/50 about 24 hours before the flight and had 30 seats blocked. Y has been sold out for weeks. At check in counter earlier, I asked the agent how full the flight was, and was told the flight is oversold.

Perhaps UA is only able to sell discounted Y seats on this route.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
IAD-PEK on Feb. 23 is cancelled, too.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

I have a business trip late in Feb IAH-ORD-PEK. UA has notified me that ORD-PEK flight has been cancelled on Saturday Feb 29, and I have been rerouted onto IAH-IAD-PEK.

I have not checked UA schedules for flight 850/851, but want check if others in the forum has heard of anything.

i am on UA850 today and Polaris was 17/50 about 24 hours before the flight and had 30 seats blocked. Y has been sold out for weeks. At check in counter earlier, I asked the agent how full the flight was, and was told the flight is oversold.

I looked the week of March 15, for kicks - ORD-PEK is operating everyday day of that week.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Probably someone ran a script that says Feb 29 does not exist.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I looked the week of March 15, for kicks - ORD-PEK is operating everyday day of that week.
You can search over several months using Google Flights in a few seconds. No ORD-PEK flights on 1/25, 1/27, 2/24, 2/29, 3/4, 3/10, and 3/12.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

You are probably seeing two different things.
I just landed in PEK from EWR, and it was an easy PlusPoints upgrade. PEK is a zoo, and it's all related to the New Year.
Didn't appear many business travelers at all, maybe one or two. Flight had 1 GS and a couple of 1Ks, that's it.

All people at work have already left for the holidays and aren't back until Feb 3.
I am there alone (great, as I can do a lot of work uninterrupted! )

Your Feb 29 issue is unrelated I think.

Added: oops, just noticed it's 850 you're on today, not 851. That changes my theory a bit.

Last edited by narvik; Jan 21, 2020 at 5:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.