Wiki Posts
Search

F fares to Barbados Winter 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
F fares to Barbados Winter 2020

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts/insight on this. We go to BGI annually in late November/December and for the last few years we’ve flown F as the outbound revenue fares have been around £1,400. This year, from the start of the sale they’re priced at £2,097.

This is quite an increase especially as they have added the F cabin to an increasing number of the 2nd daily flights in the winter which has historically always been 3-class frames save for an operational substitution. We’re currently booked in J but keeping an eye out for a decent upgrade price to F.

Any thoughts very welcome!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I'm sure you know this better than me I guess it could be a number of things. It's peak season for a start (which of course you'll know), but is there A class available on the days you have been looking at? Worth making sure, but it does sound like there probably is as F would likely be much more. There could be an increase in demand, hence adding F to the other flight. Fares may come down later in the year, as sale periods don't always match year on year. All speculation on my part.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks, Gustavmahler. What’s currently available is A class and around £2,057 outbound and £1,950 inbound, c.£4K per ticket. The last two years we’ve had F return in the sale for £2,800 per person.

The current J flights are c.£1,800, which is similar to previous sale prices. I guess more people are willing to pay the bigger premium to fly F now!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Isn't this a classic case for using avios? rewardflightfinder.com can help alert you to availability.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
Isn't this a classic case for using avios? rewardflightfinder.com can help alert you to availability.
Isn't it pretty tough to come by in F to the Caribbean at that time of year? Not an expert on those routes, though.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Nor me, and while they’ll be hard to come by the alternatives are POUG, airport upgrade, or change fare to upgrade during a sale. Setting up an alert seems to be the least effort and, if it comes off, the most cost effective option.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
Nor me, and while they’ll be hard to come by the alternatives are POUG, airport upgrade, or change fare to upgrade during a sale. Setting up an alert seems to be the least effort and, if it comes off, the most cost effective option.
Me too. And Avios would be the only way I’d be booking F to somewhere like that!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
My mother goes first to Grenada twice a year.

last year at one point they wanted £17,000 return!!!!!

we didn’t book !
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
I live in Barbados for work year round. It’s all the new taxes they put in place.

$75 USD Airline tax plus a new variable VAT based on the ticket price. Generally half of the ticket price from BGI is tax.

It could also be a increase in fare as well. Probably the two of them combined.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.