Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Strange BA 777 Club Europe Seat Map - any thoughts?

Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, Shangri-La Golden Circle

Hi all,

Checked my seating map for the outbound BA0460 LHR Madrid and got this weird seat map. Any thoughts?

I know the 777s on this route use the club world cabin for club Europe passengers. But I've never seen anything like this before.

I've attached photos of both the outbound and inbound services.

Thanks!

Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:09 am

The outbound is a Club Suite reconfigured aircraft. See: Boeing 777 Club Suites: route info and updates
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
First one is refurbished 777 with Club Suites, second is old Club World.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, Shangri-La Golden Circle
Thanks for the replies. That's great to hear!

I know BA were retrofitting 777s with club suites but I didn't expect them to be flying the LHR to Madrid route. I would have thought they were allocating all retrofitted aircraft to LH routes
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:16 am

Bear in mind the aircraft that go to MAD aren’t used solely for that route - they come from the long-haul pool as part of the scheduling mix. Indeed more often than not it’s a 4-class aircraft with First seats.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Racer_x
Thanks for the replies. That's great to hear!

I know BA were retrofitting 777s with club suites but I didn't expect them to be flying the LHR to Madrid route. I would have thought they were allocating all retrofitted aircraft to LH routes
I wouldn't set your hopes too high, as mentioned in your other 777 MAD thread there is always the risk you'll end up on an A320 or similar, some of those trying to get on the A350 were disappointed at the last moment. It's more about what aircraft are available at the time.
tynmar and Racer_x like this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:18 am
Original Poster

That's true, I will definitely bare that in mind!
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
Out of interest, what are the dates of your flights?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Honestly it's not for quiet a while yet. Outbound is 26/06/20, inbound is 29/06/20

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.