Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium treatments for Y to Y+ connections?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Premium treatments for Y to Y+ connections?

Hello all: I scored a good deal from SJC to Asia. Upon returning to the US, I will stopover in Osaka and then fly ITM-NRT-SJC. Therefore, I will transit via NRT.

The ITM-NRT segment is in Y, while the NRT-SJC segment is in Y+. So, when I check-in at ITM, will I get Y+ treatments (dedicated check-in counters, fast lane security, ...etc.)? I am guessing that the answer is No, but hope that I will get pleasantly surprised. Thx.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Hello all: I scored a good deal from SJC to Asia. Upon returning to the US, I will stopover in Osaka and then fly ITM-NRT-SJC. Therefore, I will transit via NRT.

The ITM-NRT segment is in Y, while the NRT-SJC segment is in Y+. So, when I check-in at ITM, will I get Y+ treatments (dedicated check-in counters, fast lane security, ...etc.)? I am guessing that the answer is No, but hope that I will get pleasantly surprised. Thx.
Does Y+ even qualify for fast track security anywhere?

But yes, the answer is no. In ITM You are a Y PAX. But domestic Japan facilities are very quick and efficient. Just remember to use the counters for passengers with international connections.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Does Y+ even qualify for fast track security anywhere?

But yes, the answer is no. In ITM You are a Y PAX. But domestic Japan facilities are very quick and efficient. Just remember to use the counters for passengers with international connections.
Thanks. Here is what I read from the ANA website about Y+ domestic pax:
"Passengers flying from New Chitose Airport, Haneda Airport Terminal Building 2, Itami Airport, Fukuoka Airport Domestic Terminal Building may use the Premium Class Security Checkpoint."
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thanks. Here is what I read from the ANA website about Y+ domestic pax:
"Passengers flying from New Chitose Airport, Haneda Airport Terminal Building 2, Itami Airport, Fukuoka Airport Domestic Terminal Building may use the Premium Class Security Checkpoint."
Can you post the link to that? I don't see it mentioned under PY services for international flights

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/internat...re/checkin/py/
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Here u go:

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/servicei...mclass/ground/
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's domestic Premium Class, it has nothing to do with international Premium Economy. You will not get premium class services connecting from Y to PY.

It used to book as F on the flexible fares, don't know if it still does. I think ANA like to pretend it is equivalent to JAL's domestic F. It is not really, but available on far more aircraft than JAL F is.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That's domestic Premium Class, it has nothing to do with international Premium Economy. You will not get premium class services connecting from Y to PY.

It used to book as F on the flexible fares, don't know if it still does. I think ANA like to pretend it is equivalent to JAL's domestic F. It is not really, but available on far more aircraft than JAL F is.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the clarification.
De nada.

That's the point of these fora.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.