Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Airlines will add Truly Hard Seltzer to drink menu early 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

The Points Guy is reporting that American Airlines will add Truly Hard Seltzer to it's drink menu starting with select flights starting January 1 and rolling out to all flights by February 1.

I don't know about all of you, but I wish they would offer better wine in coach.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...-hard-seltzer/
tetudc and deeruck like this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
And, since we're wishing, I'll make mine for a far, far better beer selection (in both first and coach...)
River in Sight likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by donotblink
The Points Guy is reporting that American Airlines will add Truly Hard Seltzer to it's drink menu starting with select flights starting January 1 and rolling out to all flights by February 1.

I don't know about all of you, but I wish they would offer better wine in coach.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...-hard-seltzer/

The vino quality on AA flights is why so many flights run short on Woodford Reserve Whiskey.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:56 pm

Will it be served at room temperature like the beers?
fotographer likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Should be White Claw so I could shout at the Air Marshall “Ain’t no laws when you’re on the claws” as if I was a belligerent college freshman.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
I vote for tequila and mixers that US used to have. It was lovely having a margarita or cosmo in flight.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Ugh.. hate all of this flavored alcohol water crap.

They used to have halfway decent beers (compared to what they have now) but then they went and got Goose.

And why can we not get a decent Irish whiskey?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
I think I was on a KLM flight and they had Jamesons. or was it NZ or SAS? I know it was not AA.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
These decisions are surely based on what they think will drive incremental revenue, i.e., not catering to those of us who get free booze. Apparently, gross alcoholic drinks are a big seller. See, e.g., https://onemileatatime.com/spirit-ai...t-seat-review/

Originally Posted by OMAAT
Only on Spirit Airlines would someone copy an order of three cocktails and wine....

The guy next to me had no fingernails, and his fingers were dirty. On top of that, he picked his nose during boarding as if he was trying to set a new world record. But with each cocktail he’d spend maybe 30 seconds trying to open it, and then asked me if I could do it, saying “I don’t have fingernails, can you open it for me?”

Of course I was happy to help, I just wish he had asked before spending so long trying to do it. When I saw he was going to start his third cocktail, I proactively offered. “You want me to open that for me?” He said “I’ll try first.” Of course he couldn’t do it, and then asked me to open it.

As a germaphobe, that whole experience was something, alright.

The guy then ended up ordering two more of the Choc Tease drinks, because apparently four drinks on a two hour flight isn’t enough.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I'm not sure just what that is, but as someone whose usual drink of choice is club soda (but for reasons of carbs, not "recovering" from anything) I'll be interested to find out.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:55 am

Really great news out here Hope that's true
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I think I better go look up what this drink is... no.. that would be a waste of my time..
G and T please.. extra ice.. and can AA please provide a decent tonic...
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Behind the curve.. should of gone with Natty Light Seltzer

This is what all the cool kids are talking about..

https://www.thrillist.com/news/natio...uy-natty-light

"Anheuser-Busch's Natural Light has announced that it will join the legions of big beer brands vying for White Claw's throne. Before you turn up your nose, it's worth recalling that many scoffed at Natural Light when it announced Naturdays, a strawberry lemonade-flavored beer. Now, it has some serious fans. "
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
This is what all the cool kids are talking about..

https://www.thrillist.com/news/natio...uy-natty-light

"Anheuser-Busch's Natural Light has announced that it will join the legions of big beer brands vying for White Claw's throne. Before you turn up your nose, it's worth recalling that many scoffed at Natural Light when it announced Naturdays, a strawberry lemonade-flavored beer. Now, it has some serious fans. "
I bet AA is getting paid by truely to sell this, or it’s being provided to them below cost so they can increase awareness of their beverage.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
I like the hard seltzer concept myself. Also a big fan of regular seltzer!! AA, I think sometimes has hard cider on board which I appreciate.

Safe Travels
Antarius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.