Wiki Posts
Search

Flounge Gossip

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Sky Team Silver, Star Alliance Silver
Flounge Gossip

After completing the rather comprehensive survey about my wishes for the future of the First Lounge, I got the feeling that there might be some changes in the works. I'm in the Flounge right now, and there is a group of 7 people walking around with a stack of blueprints and floor plans. I lacked the gumption to eavesdrop, but I get the idea there may be something rather major in the works?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
they are working out which of the remaining working plug sockets to take out of service.
Markie, roberto99, Dambus and 71 others like this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
they are working out which of the remaining working plug sockets to take out of service.
And where to install the new heaters.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Which shape of pasta should be used for Mac n Cheese ?
MaxFlyer, orbitmic, ens100 and 9 others like this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Planning more space to sell to advertisers?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Reducing size to give it a more cosy feel.
florens likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Silver
Who needs sofa / chairs to sit on anyway?
Perhaps they can put a few more cheap pastries in!
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Buzzz
After completing the rather comprehensive survey about my wishes for the future of the First Lounge, I got the feeling that there might be some changes in the works. I'm in the Flounge right now, and there is a group of 7 people walking around with a stack of blueprints and floor plans. I lacked the gumption to eavesdrop, but I get the idea there may be something rather major in the works?
Was that the survey which came out yesterday?? Pretty quick response if so! I just made it clear that for me, any improvements had to include the toilets which are really really poor in terms of availability, maintenance and overall "fragrance"
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Looks like the posse also went Galleries South and were standing in a group around the food islands - I was going to eavesdrop, but got distracted by some fresh bacon rolls!
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:55 am

Maybe they're going to enhance away the existing chairs and replace them with bean bags.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by HIDDY
It took a while but I finally got it!
HIDDY and alex67500 like this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 13901
Polo must be tucked into their trousers - pardon, “pants”. Bonus points for those wearing New Balance sneakers.
Free extra beer if called Randy, Ched or Hank, and with a teengage son in tow wearing an American football top and oversized headphones.

But moving back on topic, what might be proposed changes? I did notice the lounge survey got sent to me three times, once relating to a trip back in August. Could T5 really be ready for a major overhaul?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:12 am

Back in 2018 there had been a project on lounges, which was then put on hold pending decisions on the future of T5 in the third runway / T5 “Plus” scenario. Perhaps an egg has been laid and they are now ready for changes?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
One of my best friends is still proud to have been part of the original lounge committee that voted on placing the horses with lampshades in the lounges. He's long gone from BA now, though.

I'd personally like them to add in a few things that we could expect from lounges in other places, e.g. games room, a proper area for watching sports (sealed off from rest of lounge so not to cause problems with noise) and a major overhaul of the bathrooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.