Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to verify a passport at airport Kiosk even when not flying that day?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it possible to verify a passport at airport Kiosk even when not flying that day?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry

Aloha again FT friends!

Here's another a question about getting Mrs Hepsaint's passport verified at the airport Delta Kiosk? We will not be travelling together for at least a couple months and was wondering if I can verify her passport at the airport at a kiosk while I'm flying in a few days on my own. I had planned a drive down to LAX to have it done at the ticket counter and taking my wife with me, but wondering if i can electronically do it via the electronic kiosk.

Anyone had any luck using the kiosk to verify the passport info on a kiosk when not flying that day?

Thanks again for any and all suggestions...

Happy Flying!

M-
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
No. It can only be saved when checking in at kiosk for an international trip . You can't do it for a domestic trip. It really isnt an issue. All she has to do is checkin with an agent (if she has checked bags, has to anyway).
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Originally Posted by flyerCO
No. It can only be saved when checking in at kiosk for an international trip . You can't do it for a domestic trip. It really isnt an issue. All she has to do is checkin with an agent (if she has checked bags, has to anyway).
Thank you good sir!

You saved me a trip down the dreaded 405 freeway.

Much obliged...

M-
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL DM
Agreed... it can only be done when checking in for an international trip. The last time I successfully had a passport "verified" was probably 2008... all passports (two) since then just won't stay "verified." It doesn't really matter as I always check a bag so visit the counter anyway. Takes the agent literally 10 seconds to swipe it into the system.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL agents have told me that they are only able to verify the passport for my trip that day (or maybe that itinerary). To get the passport to show as verified in your FF account, you must do it on a kiosk as you check in to an international trip. It's possible to check in on the kiosk and then go to the counter to check a bag or have a visa verified.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
On per trip only.

Otherwise, you could just verify it once a year - and we know that is not going to happen.

It really is no big deal. Pretty much the same as checking ID when you check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.