Wiki Posts
Search

Passport expiry help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Passport expiry help

Hi all,

I'm a dual Australia/British Citizen. My UK passport is expiring in several years, whereas my AUS passport is expiring in a couple of months.

I'm flying ARN-SYD return next week. Singapore's online passenger information won't let me enter my Aus passport because I have less than 6 months left, but why should this matter if I'm an Australian citizen?

In an ideal world, I will return on my Aus passport and return on my UK passport. Am I going to encounter issues on check-in? Any advice?

Thanks
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Poster

I assume the solution is enter UK passport in travel info, then show Aus passport if asked if I have a visa...
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Should not matter at all! With ARN-SIN-SYD they may be concerned about entry into Singapore.
Australia requires that its citizens enter and leave on an AU passport.
The passport you show the airline and passport at immigration (kiosk) does need to be the same.
The airline will check that you are allowed entry into the country you are flying to. (visa, eta , etc)
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by APUBleed
I assume the solution is enter UK passport in travel info, then show Aus passport if asked if I have a visa...
Just show up at the airport and present your Australian passport. Online check-in with your British passport won’t work because you don’t have an ETA.
APUBleed likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Australia requires that its citizens enter and leave on an AU passport. The passport you show the airline and passport at immigration (kiosk) does need to be the same.
I can only say that my experience and the experience of multiple members of my family, all dual passport holders, does not reflect this statement
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
The passport you show the airline and passport at immigration (kiosk) does need to be the same.
The airline will check that you are allowed entry into the country you are flying to. (visa, eta , etc)
Did you mean to write "doesn't"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.