Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirFrance Sanity Check

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

AirFrance Sanity Check

Ok, I booked a flight directly on Air France directly (057 ticket number) DEN - DXB. It is 17,666 miles round trip. I booked premium economy (which is W class right?).

If I did the math correctly that is 5300 MQD's? I read that preimum economy on air france is 30%. I can still cancel (I think) so if I have this incorrect please let me know sooner rather than later.

One other question - I see the reservation on the DL website in my profile (it is missing the DXB-CDG flight). Is that normal?

Finally, I have lounge access as sky team elite right?
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What are the flight numbers (DL or AF) for each segment?
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Flights are AF coded (but DL operates some):

AF5923 - DEN to SEA (DL Operated)
AF0355 SEA to CDG
AF0662 CDG to DXB

AF0659 DXB to CDG
AF0378 CDG to DTW
AF5974 DTW to DEN (DL Operated)

AF is showing 16672 for this itinerary instead of 17666. I got the 17666 from addng up the miles flown on the DL site.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL itineraries often have segment distances wrong, although the worst I've seen was incorrect by under a hundred miles for a TPAC segment.

Since AF tells DL about your flights, I would assume that the AF numbers are more likely to reflect what the ticket will actually earn.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

do I have the MQD calculation correct?

EDIT: I see $5000 MQDs from this itinerary assuming AF has the miles correct.

Last edited by FlyingBeanCounter; Dec 7, 2019 at 3:18 pm
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott PM
Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
do I have the MQD calculation correct?
What is the fare class for each of your legs? Are they all W?

If all legs are in W fare class (which earns at 30% of distance flow):

Using Air France total you provided: 16,672 * 30% = $5,001 MQD
Using Delta total you provided: 17,666 * 30% = $5,299 MQD

Last edited by Schmoops; Dec 7, 2019 at 3:24 pm Reason: added calculations
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Yes earning is based in marketing carriers. If AF flight numbers you earn based on the partner earning table so 30% is right if all W, but that table is accurate
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Ok, I booked a flight directly on Air France directly (057 ticket number) DEN - DXB. It is 17,666 miles round trip. I booked premium economy (which is W class right?).

If I did the math correctly that is 5300 MQD's? I read that preimum economy on air france is 30%. I can still cancel (I think) so if I have this incorrect please let me know sooner rather than later.

One other question - I see the reservation on the DL website in my profile (it is missing the DXB-CDG flight). Is that normal?

Finally, I have lounge access as sky team elite right?
Only Skyteam Elite Plus get lounge access. For DL this means being Gold or higher. Silver is only ST Elite and doesnt get lounge access.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL itineraries often have segment distances wrong, although the worst I've seen was incorrect by under a hundred miles for a TPAC segment.

Since AF tells DL about your flights, I would assume that the AF numbers are more likely to reflect what the ticket will actually earn.
GCMap says it’s 17,644 base miles.

What I’m not 100% sure on would be how the MQMs and MQDs would be calculated on the DL domestic legs booked in Y/C+ and not in PE.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all - I pretty much confirmed what I thought. I am diamond so i should be good to go on the lounge too.

The receipt says "A" class - that looks like it fits in the 30% bucket.

FYI - the class says A on the DL code share flights too. I have to call to get seat assignments. I will report back with how that goes - I would think I would get C+, but probably no upgrade. If anyone has any insight into this that would be great.

I am pretty happy overall - three flights by March and I will have diamond for next year too. I still have DEL and NBO to go in the first quarter.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Well I had c+ in the reservation. I could select seats as well on the DL site.

I am still working through the AF part though.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 7:01 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
A quick check with gcmap.com arrives at a total of 17,651 mi for this itinerary. Note that Delta still uses the location of Stapleton International Airport (which gcmap has available as "DEN.OLD") for DEN even though the code moved to the new Denver International Airport years ago.

DEN.OLD-SEA: 1019 mi
SEA-CDG: 5016 mi
CDG-DXB: 3259 mi
DXB-CDG: 3259 mi
CDG-DTW: 3962 mi
DTW-DEN.OLD: 1135 mi

I think the 30% MQD calculations will round up on a per-segment basis, so you may pick up a few extra MQD that way.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Thanks all - I pretty much confirmed what I thought. I am diamond so i should be good to go on the lounge too.

The receipt says "A" class - that looks like it fits in the 30% bucket.

FYI - the class says A on the DL code share flights too. I have to call to get seat assignments. I will report back with how that goes - I would think I would get C+, but probably no upgrade. If anyone has any insight into this that would be great.

I am pretty happy overall - three flights by March and I will have diamond for next year too. I still have DEL and NBO to go in the first quarter.
As a DM, in order to get upgrades on Delta-operated, AF-coded flight, you need to be added to the upgrade list by the gate agent, which means DoD upgrades only.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 9:43 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Originally Posted by Summend
As a DM, in order to get upgrades on Delta-operated, AF-coded flight, you need to be added to the upgrade list by the gate agent, which means DoD upgrades only.
same thing goes for C+ so you’re going to be at the 24 hour window. I’d make sure you get an exit row if you want extra leg room (you get preferred seats now)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.