Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium economy ticket on a plane with no PE cabin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G

I’m looking at some travel on a BA PE ticket, codeshares flown by American Airlines. However when I look at the seat map on SeatGuru, it shows that this plane has no PE cabin - just the regular coach cabin with 2-5-2 seating. So what does the extra cost “premium” economy ticket get me on this plane? (Already OW Sapphire otherwise).
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Seatguru is often out of date. Check the airline’s own website for seating plans. As far as I know AA no longer have any aircraft with 2-5-2 in Y.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
For any flights across the Atlantic on AA metal ensure there is a premium economy cabin. I believe most AA planes have it but possibly not all.
On domestic flights you will get to choose the best of the economy seats (main cabin extra).
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

I’m looking at AA194 (PHX-LHR) on January 23. SeatGuru still shows 2-5-2 on this flight. I’m just not looking to pay PE prices on this plane to just sit in regular coach exit or “MCE” seat that I could get for free as a OW Sapphire on a regular coach ticket.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
You are best off Ignoring seatguru as has been said it is woefully out of date. If you go to AA's website and do a dummy booking it will show you that AA have a premium economy cabin and the aircraft type is a 777-200. AA have refurbed their 77-200's to have less business seats and 24 premium economy.
nancypants and argonath like this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
Seatguru is often out of date. Check the airline’s own website for seating plans. As far as I know AA no longer have any aircraft with 2-5-2 in Y.
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
You are best off Ignoring seatguru as has been said it is woefully out of date. If you go to AA's website and do a dummy booking it will show you that AA have a premium economy cabin and the aircraft type is a 777-200. AA have refurbed their 77-200's to have less business seats and 24 premium economy.
Thank you both for not just replying, but also the how-to.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:30 pm

Personally, I prefer AA premium over BA and go for window bulkhead seats whenever available. Plus you get 4 lounges at LHR T3
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IntVic
Personally, I prefer AA premium over BA and go for window bulkhead seats whenever available. Plus you get 4 lounges at LHR T3
Thank you. I feel much better now getting on this flight!
argonath likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by 11yaa
Thank you. I feel much better now getting on this flight!
I am sure you will enjoy. I flew LHR-PHX as part of an itinerary to SYD in June. I am a fan of AA's product ever since. Also they give you full cans of soft drinks and a glass with ice.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:08 pm

duplicate post.

Last edited by IntVic; Dec 6, 2019 at 11:09 pm Reason: Duplicate
Old Dec 7, 2019, 1:53 am

Here is the seat map for PE for your flight
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Also I would book the flight sooner than later as currently shows W2 P0 X0 for this flight. Business and economy wide open though. (AA194)

The BA operated one is not that busy (AA6191 or BA288)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.