Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

My concierge called me and offered AA EXP. Sounded like they're targeting Globalists who have their AA # on file through the Hyatt/AA Partnership.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Had the same call this morning. Very nice surprise gift. Wonder if we'll get the Systemwide upgrades?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:11 pm

Turn about is fair play. If Hyatt confers Glob on some of their folks, the least AA could do is return the favor. The SS upgrades would be sweet, but if they get the TSUs, why shouldn't we get the full perks too?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), UA FO.
For folks who have received this, what is your current status with AA? Also, was this a 3-month trial or some such, or EXP for the full 2020 year?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
You were simply given ExPlat for 2020, or a challenge? What do your AA numbers look like this year?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Yes, gift. One domestic r/t flight on AA this year. Hyatt partnership made it worthwhile to pursue EXP... credited a JL J trip to AA. Currently Plat Pro and have a ~$300 EQD run next weekend to get me there anyway.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingChuck
Yes, gift. One domestic r/t flight on AA this year. Hyatt partnership made it worthwhile to pursue EXP... credited a JL J trip to AA. Currently Plat Pro and have a ~$300 EQD run next weekend to get me there anyway.
Interesting that they did this while you were on a challenge, although, if it came via your Hyatt concierge, it might not have been AA doing this. What do your Hyatt numbers look like? I wonder if AA gave Hyatt a certain number of ExPlat awards to give away.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Interesting that they did this while you were on a challenge, although, if it came via your Hyatt concierge, it might not have been AA doing this. What do your Hyatt numbers look like? I wonder if AA gave Hyatt a certain number of ExPlat awards to give away.
55 night Globalist. ~20 paid nights, ~15 award nights and ~20 from Chase Hyatt card. Stays in Regency, Grand, Park & Andaz... also a few nights in Vegas (Aria).
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:28 pm

0 AA miles this year.
LT Globalist
Currently at 48 nights (breakdown of 7CC nights, 4 Free, rest paid total spend with Hyatt YTD about $7000. Will end year with 60 nights)

Sounded to me like they had certain number to divide up and spread them amongst concierges. Concierges are contacting people and then need to pass lost back up for status to be upgraded. Currently have AA Platinum just because of the Hyatt match.

It is valid for all of 2020
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
That is a pretty low offer from AA
They should have offered CK
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by fotographer
That is a pretty low offer from AA
They should have offered CK
Seriously? They are giving away a status that normally takes 100,000 miles or 120 segments and $15K in spend for free and you don’t think that’s generous??

I for one will not look this gift horse in the mouth.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:10 pm
Suspended

I'm quite sure he was being facetious.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
As an EXP this is BS, it’s already hard to clear upgrades do we need to swell the ranks with people who didn’t earn it?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
As an EXP this is BS, it’s already hard to clear upgrades do we need to swell the ranks with people who didn’t earn it?
Somewhat agree. However it doesn’t seem like this was a blanket offer to all Globalists. And Hyatt gave AA CK globalist so it is kind of a 2 way street.

Will I take some AA flights because of this - sure, but I barely make AS MVPG each year so AS will still be my preferred carrier so at least this newly minted AA EP won’t really be competing for upgrades that much.

And since I believe AA uses 12-month rolling EQD as a tie breaker for two EPs it doesn’t seem like too many of the comp’d EP should beat out those that actually earned it.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SF1K
And since I believe AA uses 12-month rolling EQD as a tie breaker for two EPs it doesn’t seem like too many of the comp’d EP should beat out those that actually earned it.
Exactly. $15k EXP will have priority over $0 EXP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.