Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Is business class not an option for multi-city booking on website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to book the lowest business fare DPS-BKK (stop) BKK-KIX.
When I use the multi city feature, I see no option for business class.
Is this correct? Why in the world would it want to put me in economy when I'm willing to pay business?

I have a travel agent who can do it but I sometimes find the TG website business class fare less expensive.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by chuck1
Is this correct? Why in the world would it want to put me in economy when I'm willing to pay business?

I have a travel agent who can do it but I sometimes find the TG website business class fare less expensive.
The THAI multi-city Booking tool is not very useful, especially if wanting a specific fare class (eg J for cheap business class).

Either book through an OTA or book through Thai’s contact centre.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Would the TG call center have access to fares that are lower than a traditional agency might have - such as webfares?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would the TG call center have access to fares that are lower than a traditional agency might have - such as webfares?
No, but for the same booking subclass the webfares are only slightly cheaper in my experience. Maybe 5%?

But there is no alternative if the multi-city tool won’t give you what you need....

I encounter this when I want an economy Q fare to upgrade using my Gold Upgrade, the multi-city tool will only give the lowest economy fare, which is hopeless. I always need to call the THAI office...
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador

As you get to the last leg, you look at the bottom left of the page and you'll normally see an option to toggle the class type. This normally only works if all flights have availability in the class that you want - you can check this as you're building your itinerary as it displays the available fare codes for each leg.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
I'm not sure TG is unique in this. A multi-leg booking on SQ will often not allow a passenger to choose between the various classes (Y,B,N,Q for example of what I mean) within Economy if a more expensive class is chosen for one leg
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
I am doing this for an itinerary that I am currently looking at, and YES, there is a way:

After selecting flight options that have BOTH Economy and Business options (they'll even display the fare class), and AFTER you select you final leg: scroll down to the bottom of the web-page and when you see 'Pricing Options', choose First / Business / Economy per your requirement - here's a small screenshot:

Old Dec 10, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
I am doing this for an itinerary that I am currently looking at, and YES, there is a way:

After selecting flight options that have BOTH Economy and Business options (they'll even display the fare class), and AFTER you select you final leg: scroll down to the bottom of the web-page and when you see 'Pricing Options', choose First / Business / Economy per your requirement - here's a small screenshot:

Just note that this will only give the cheapest fare available - so you cannot specify a fare sub-class
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Just note that this will only give the cheapest fare available - so you cannot specify a fare sub-class
That is correct, but I thought that was what OP wanted in his / her first post?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
That is correct, but I thought that was what OP wanted in his / her first post?
My point was intended for wider readership who may not know that this Economy/Business selection at the end of the multicity booking process has vey limited functionality if one is seeking to book a specific fare class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.