Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can't see pre-order meal options for transcon redeye Flagship

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond

Hi

I have a Biz class flight in less than 30 days,

In MMB I can see pre-order options for LHR-JFK return but for the JFK-LAX sectors the pre-order options are not shown.

The JFK-LAX sectors I am flying Business Class on-board the A321T - should the pre-order options be available?

Thanks
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Exactly what day and time is your JFK-LAX flight? The menu shows at exactly 30 days, down to the minute.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Exactly what day and time is your JFK-LAX flight? The menu shows at exactly 30 days, down to the minute.
Hi USFlyer

the flights are 5 and 9 December. JFK-LAX is 10pm and LAX-JFK Is 10:50pm

thanks
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
Hi

I have a Biz class flight in less than 30 days,

In MMB I can see pre-order options for LHR-JFK return but for the JFK-LAX sectors the pre-order options are not shown.

The JFK-LAX sectors I am flying Business Class on-board the A321T - should the pre-order options be available?

Thanks
Are you trying to use BA's MMB to look at pre-ordering? You have to use AA's website, with the AA PNR.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ShortDog
Are you trying to use BA's MMB to look at pre-ordering? You have to use AA's website, with the AA PNR.
Hi

using AA MMB. I’ve booked my meal for the LHR-JFK segments

thanks
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Hi USFlyer

the flights are 5 and 9 December. JFK-LAX is 10pm and LAX-JFK Is 10:50pm

thanks
AFAIK those flight times do not have full meal services.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:09 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Both flights are marked Snack or Brunch which is probably why pre-order is not available to you. They'll both offer meals, although abbreviated from the "full service" transcon Flagship product. I believe AA's expectation is most customers will choose to pre-dine in the lounge prior to these late evening flights. Haven't taken one of these in a year or so but my last experience was that it's a single tray service with a more streamlined menu.
FlyingWelshie likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
JFK-LAX is 10pm and LAX-JFK Is 10:50pm
That's why. Neither of those flights get full meals.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
After all these years, we are still seeing that phantom "Snack or Brunch" meal designation. It has been a known bug in SABRE for 30+ years and nobody seems to be motivated to fix it.

Back to the topic at hand, there is no pre-flight meal choice on the red-eye transcon flights. But you will receive a light meal service.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by formeraa
After all these years, we are still seeing that phantom "Snack or Brunch" meal designation. It has been a known bug in SABRE for 30+ years and nobody seems to be motivated to fix it.

Back to the topic at hand, there is no pre-flight meal choice on the red-eye transcon flights. But you will receive a light meal service.

Exactly. Just eat in the lounge before departure and sleep on board. Not worth staying awake for a snack service.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by formeraa
How is this a bug? It seems to be a correct description. A snack is served on this flight.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
Preorder Available Previously

That’s not correct. I have made pre-order selections for transcon red-eyes, for the late night snack, as recently as July. Not seeing it now for my flight tomorrow night.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by hunterjumperguy
That’s not correct. I have made pre-order selections for transcon red-eyes, for the late night snack, as recently as July. Not seeing it now for my flight tomorrow night.
that’s what I was about to say.....definitely was able to preorder for the premium transcon red eyes before.....specifically that meatloaf dish.
hunterjumperguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.