Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NATS ATC Simulation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:05 am
Original Poster

NATS ATC Simulation

Nerdier members of the board may be interested to see that NATS have published a very nice interactive simulation of the flight of BA1370 LHR-MAN, including all the radio calls made throughout the journey. Fascinating to see how much communication is involved even in such a short flight.

https://www.nats.aero/discover/plane-talking/
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the share - fascinating to see how it is actually done
Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Very neat.

What's missing, of course, is the multitude of other transmission involving numerous other aircraft - and the various controllers landline calls associated with Shuttle 2 Lima, and all their button-pushing. It all sounds FAR too peaceful!!
vintagepilot likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Very neat.

What's missing, of course, is the multitude of other RT involving numerous other ground stations - and the various cabin calls associated with Shuttle 2 Lima, and all their button-pushing and knob twiddling (and wearing a uniform that's so sharp it's got a degree from Cambridge) - and making it all sound cool!!
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 10:41 am

Sounds so nice compared to newyork or chicago. I guess cause its missing 98% of the other stuff on the radio.
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it's interesting how much effort NATS puts in to material such as this. Not sure whether it's subtle recruiting or just [needless?] PR.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
Must be quite old as they go on a WOBUN not an UMLAT but very cool that NATS go to the effort to make this sort of thing.
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by T8191
it's interesting how much effort NATS puts in to material such as this. Not sure whether it's subtle recruiting or just [needless?] PR.
Both?
As evidenced by the obvious regendering. The notes say it’s all been rerecorded, but many of the ‘explanations’ refer to ‘his’ instructions (referring to controllers) but it’s a woman’s voice...

Originally Posted by Lynyrd
Must be quite old as they go on a WOBUN not an UMLAT but very cool that NATS go to the effort to make this sort of thing.
2017, according to the notes on the page.
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well analysed, Confus ^

I confess I found the lady captain’s transmissions a bit ‘sweet’ and rather scripted
Old Nov 17, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Having a Private Pilots Licence I find this super interesting.

I have a really good understanding of how things work but I always want to know more and this gives that extra detail.
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Very neat.
... and wearing a uniform that's so sharp it's got a degree from Cambridge...
Cannot be that sharp if the degree comes from Cambridge!

rb211.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Very neat.

What's missing, of course, is the multitude of other transmission involving numerous other aircraft - and the various controllers landline calls associated with Shuttle 2 Lima, and all their button-pushing. It all sounds FAR too peaceful!!
Nowadays, with electronic strips and standing agreements, it’s quite possible/indeed likely there’s no landline calls required at all.
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.