Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

JAL Flights Completely Gone from Award Searches (resolved)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP

Anybody else seeing this. No JAL flights whatsoever showing up on award searches. Glitch?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:24 pm

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
I'm seeing the problem too.

Looking for seats for tomorrow. I see them available on CX and QF sites. Will probably need to call shortly to see if they can see them over the phone.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Completely gone. Let's hope a very temporary glitch.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:41 pm

Same boat. Had my wife looking for flights as I was driving. She said nothing for JL and I said must be something with the app. Turned on computer and nothing either. We were planning on flying them in 3 weeks.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
If someone does call and gets an answer, please post.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:20 am

Hi -

I also found availability on the AA website.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren
If someone does call and gets an answer, please post.

I called and got a clueless agent. She said that they’re still partners and there just must be no availability. After we went round and round it’s not just one flight but none at all she said ah but confirmed she had not heard of anything .
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lovefly88
I called and got a clueless agent. She said that they’re still partners and there just must be no availability. After we went round and round it’s not just one flight but none at all she said ah but confirmed she had not heard of anything .
No surprise that FT knows before the phone agents do.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

I also found availability on the AA website.
By any chance was all of the JL availability on the AA website only showing when there is an AA connecting flight immediately before/after the JL segment (likely cached data as opposed to real-time)?

There seems to be currently some kind of communication error between Sabre (used by AA and AS) and Amadeus (used by JL and SQ [it was reported earlier that there were problems with SQ availability]).
Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: AS 100K, HA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Have seen this before. Can't say for sure, it seems JAL pulls a lot (all) of their award inventory and a few days later, "magically" there is a glut on line. Not sure it's the case here, but it's happened before.

Last edited by thepinenuts; Oct 23, 2019 at 12:44 pm
Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by thepinenuts
Have seen this before. Can't say for sure, it seems JAL pulls a lot of their award inventory and a few days later, "magically" there is a glut on line. Not sure it's the case here, but it's happened before.
It's not a lot. It's all. Not a single flight anywhere anyday. Definitely some kind of glitch.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:36 am

There is JAL availability intra Japan ie HND-KIX
Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:25 am

Hi -

I have found SQ availability on the AS website, so I think this is unique to JL (?)
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:04 pm

I'm dealing with the same problem. I found many JAL flights on AS website yesterday and this morning could not find any of those flights anymore. Even flights that had months of availability, poof, are all gone. I suspect it is a system issue. I called AS to see what was going on; the rep was surprised she could not find any availability too but confirmed all the systems are working; she advised me to wait and try later.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by lovefly88
Unfortunately this is exactly why HUACA exists

I've had many similar experiences both with AS/SQ/AC agents. I will say however, AS/AA have had some of the most pleasant agents to speak to over the phone.

Originally Posted by fantasy traveller
I'm dealing with the same problem. I found many JAL flights on AS website yesterday and this morning could not find any of those flights anymore. Even flights that had months of availability, poof, are all gone. I suspect it is a system issue. I called AS to see what was going on; the rep was surprised she could not find any availability too but confirmed all the systems are working; she advised me to wait and try later.
A savvy CSA. Acknowledge the customer's problem, agree with them, then tell them there's really nothing wrong but to just wait and try again.

At some point someone is gonna have to speak to a supervisor who will be able to acknowledge the problem then hopefully get the right people working on a solution. Aeroplan had issues with Avianca for like 2 years. They also had lengthy issues with Copa, Swiss and Air China for varying reasons, though I will say the Air China one was altruistic in a way. CA was like, voiding award tickets or something, so people were getting stuck in China. AP saves the customers the headache by just blocking the awards, but they also save themselves money buying people cash tickets. Win win.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.