Excellent customer service from Delta

Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Excellent customer service from Delta

I booked an economy seat on Delta.com for a codeshare flight on Virgin Atlantic SFO to LHR. I wanted to purchase an upgraded seat but was unable to do this on Virgin Atlantic's site. I contacted Delta and was routed to their ticket reissue department. The agent Sarah spent about 20 minutes working her way through the bureaucracy to allow me to purchase an Economy Delight seat and then went to the VA web site and selected the seat I wanted. I have no special status on either airline, so I was extremely pleased with her excellent service. (I have no experience with VA's Economy Delight, so I hope the seat is worth it.)
MikeNYC1, WheelsUpGal and Tine Rod like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by dinnerroll
I booked an economy seat on Delta.com for a codeshare flight on Virgin Atlantic SFO to LHR. I wanted to purchase an upgraded seat but was unable to do this on Virgin Atlantic's site. I contacted Delta and was routed to their ticket reissue department. The agent Sarah spent about 20 minutes working her way through the bureaucracy to allow me to purchase an Economy Delight seat and then went to the VA web site and selected the seat I wanted. I have no special status on either airline, so I was extremely pleased with her excellent service. (I have no experience with VA's Economy Delight, so I hope the seat is worth it.)
We already love Delta. Write to them and let them know.
manacit likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Ive had some really good customer service interactions over the last few months and have DMd Delta on Twitter with all of the details. They have passed on the success to the appropriate people. I have received two emails(surprisingly not form emails: they included the details of the interaction) thanking me for taking the time to do so. Its easy and quick.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
I'm actually surprised that you managed to get this particular transaction completed with no status and calling the general line. I've ran into issues calling the platinum line to try and upgrade via DL on a VS operated flight. I think a lot of agents just don't know the particulars of those transactions so im glad you were able to get it handled so smoothly
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dinnerroll
(I have no experience with VA's Economy Delight, so I hope the seat is worth it.)
The seats are a delight.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:35 am
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Yes believe it or not Delta helps people who dont have status. Sorry if that devalues youre status.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.