Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A321 Seating (ex-BMI plane?) & T3/T5 parking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

My flight next week shows as an A321 with Y starting in row 9, row 19 having only seats A, B, C, D & E, and row 20 showing as an exit row. Is that an ex-BMI plane? I cannot seem to find any seating guides for that plane?

Also, what's the best plan for parking as my flight departs T5 and returns to T3? And why are there destinations that have different terminals for inbound/outbound?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by c1223
My flight next week shows as an A321 with Y starting in row 9, row 19 having only seats A, B, C, D & E, and row 20 showing as an exit row. Is that an ex-BMI plane? I cannot seem to find any seating guides for that plane?

Also, what's the best plan for parking as my flight departs T5 and returns to T3? And why are there destinations that have different terminals for inbound/outbound?
Hi,

Which airport are you flying to? I think a few destinations change terminals at the start of the winter time table next weekend ( ie PHX to T5 San to T3 and I think Lyon goes to T5 from T3 ( not sure about any others)

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 20, 2019 at 7:08 am
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
I didn't know there were destinations that were T3 and T5, but you don't mention the flight number or the destination.

T3 Business parking is adjacent to T5 Long stay. Use T5 Long stay it's cheaper. Then just walk between the two to get to/from appropriate bus. As you look south from the car parks to the runways you want to be on the right of T3 parking, the west end, and to the left of T5, the east end. You could have to walk as little at 30 metres or so if you get the right parking spot in T5 long stay.

Seatmap http://thebasource.com/seat-maps/a321/23j131y/

Last edited by dougzz; Oct 20, 2019 at 7:08 am Reason: Add seatmap
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:13 am

Have you tried the Off airport parking and claim AVIOS too?

I tend to use MBW, but there are others, and do allow for bookings at different terminals.

for T5 / T3 when booking just add the Terminal and flight number. Short stay level 4 in both cases.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:16 am

And why are there destinations that have different terminals for inbound/outbound?
There aren’t, you’re just travelling across the boundary where it moves from one to the other. Happens especially around the flying season changes (end of March/October).

There’s plenty of third-party providers that will convey you to any terminal if you look online, but the easiest answer is to pick whichever you’d normally use for the arrival terminal, leave home 15 mins earlier, and just use the HEx to move between them on departure. That way you’ll be in the ‘right’ place when you arrive back.
AlisonB84 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Ah, further details.

LHR - BLL BA804 on 26/10 out of T5
BLL - LHR BA807 on 27/10 into T3
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
LHR - BLL BA804 on 26/10 out of T5
BLL - LHR BA807 on 27/10 into T3
See https://londonairtravel.com/2019/06/...erminal-moves/ - 27 October 2019 is the first day of northern winter 2019/20 and therefore a typical day for a change of terminals for a route.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Confus
the easiest answer is to pick whichever you’d normally use for the arrival terminal, leave home 15 mins earlier, and just use the HEx to move between them on departure. That way you’ll be in the ‘right’ place when you arrive back.
Exactly this ....

We also did this a few months back when flying out of T5 to JNB, and back in to T3 from CPT. We were pleased we had the easiest route to the car after landing back at LHR!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
as a general suggestion another option if you need to get back to T5 on the return and don't have any checked bags is to head to flight connections on arrival in to T3 and get the airside bus to T5 to clear immigration there.

the airside buses tend to wind down after 2100 though and looking at your flight i think you are due in after 2200 so unfortunately in your case it wouldn't work.
ajeleonard likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.