Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Direct AC Flight Not Available on AC.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:46 am
Original Poster

I'm trying to book a fairly simple YYZ-YHZ flight, and google flights will allow me to book it (only in basic Y): https://flights.app.goo.gl/6em84

When I went to find it on the AC site, it doesn't show up as an option at all. I checked expertflyer, and it shows available and lots of inventory. I don't really want to call AC, and don't want to book basic, any ideas why its unavailable?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, AS, Hilton, Marriott, Avis
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...#/faredriven:0

Just worked for me, one way on Christmas Day, offers 5 non-stops, with Y and J available.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by see2xu
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...#/faredriven:0

Just worked for me, one way on Christmas Day, offers 5 non-stops, with Y and J available.
Except the specific one the OP says they wanted isn't displaying.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Except the specific one the OP says they wanted isn't displaying.
This one?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by joburghfx
I don't really want to call AC, and don't want to book basic, any ideas why its unavailable?
Google flight link you've provided is for basic, and you can't "see" it unless you accept that it's BASIC ECONOMY
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by irishguy28
This one?
That's the one, which you can get if you use the 'Book with AC' button on Google Flights. The OP doesn't want Basic, which is all you can get using the deep link.

Does no one read the original posts anymore?
joburghfx likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I don't see it on AC.com either. On Expedia I can get the flight in either basic economy or business. If you want to book with AC, you might have to phone in.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:13 am

Interesting issue, AC622 doesn't show up at all if you start your search @ aircanada.com, and google flights link doesn't let you change fare class
Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:50 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This is a strange one. Doesn't show up on the website for me, or in the app. The EF inventory doesn't look unusual (J9 C9 D8 Z6 P5 R2 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 G9 S9 T9 L9 A9 K0), and I can IKK a seat in Y or J via the Aeroplan app.

OP, calling in to AC may be your best option.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Or save yourself a call:
https://book.aircanada.com/pl/AConli...Plr4&gclsrc=gf

If you can learn how to use ITA and ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK, this is really easy.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
This is a strange one. Doesn't show up on the website for me, or in the app. The EF inventory doesn't look unusual (J9 C9 D8 Z6 P5 R2 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 G9 S9 T9 L9 A9 K0), and I can IKK a seat in Y or J via the Aeroplan app.

OP, calling in to AC may be your best option.
Thanks. I ended up calling in and booking over the phone, as it never ended up showing up online.

24 hours after booking, I got an itinerary change email from AC, saying the flight (AC622) would now be rouge operated and is AC1590. So I think that was likely the issue that caused the pending change?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Thanks. Wish I had seen this before I called in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.