NEW! Airpoints Tenure Benefits

Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
NEW! Airpoints Tenure Benefits

Just as I have been thinking that if I had chosen another FFP more than 15 years ago, I would have made a lifetime Elite member of that programme, or very close to it.

Finally some good news! Looks like the new loyalty head is really going somewhere.

Status Points Head Start for continuously being Gold or Elite for at least 10 years. Perhaps is the 2nd best thing to Lifetime status.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/stat...nts-head-start

Elite Banked Year Gifting. Less useful to me as my partner usually travels with me.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/elit...d-year-gifting
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
This, along with the boost initiative means I will secure GE status far easier from my cheap advance purchase domestic travel than the usual grind over the past four years (earning 4 status points per ATR flight from PMR).
I have ten years of GE and 8 banked years. That should cover plenty GE benefit travel well into my retirement when the company won't be paying for my travel..
Beano likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: Air NZ*GE
The gifting sounds great in principle, but the impact on lounges might be a consideration with extra elites and partners propagating. Suppose the 15y sequential will limit?

Agree re domestic Elites, was literally near zero use prior to these changes!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: NZ *E
The extra status points will be nice but the real thing I’m waiting for is an answer to the lounge situation — going from the quiet oasis of the SFO Polaris lounge to the AKL international lounge crowds is quite a contrast
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I really like these changes. I'm very far away from being able to make use of them, haha, but it's nice to know that if I did choose to stay loyal to Air NZ that future benefits would exist down the road. It helps to make them more competitive with Qantas & their lifestyle status.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
2 more years and I'll be 10 years GE i think!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
I think these changes are very encouraging, finally rewarding long term loyalty. I'm at least at the 15 year level, but maybe the 20 of Gold and Elite. This should keep me Elite for a long time before my banked years kick in.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints
Just wondering at what age did everyone here become proper frequent flyers?
And do you feel like it's easier or harder to jump into the frequent flyer cycle nowadays?
Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Years of elite and gold

1: When you look at your card it shows a number
I assume this is the years of elite ?
So do you add two to it?
One for the current year that you are in, that is not quite completed.
One for the gold year before you were elite.
2: if you moved through gold quickly like a couple of months then is it a gold year ? Is a year 12 months?
3: I assume gold elite is treated as elite for the 10 year period
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints Elite
Originally Posted by Noobmaster69
And do you feel like it's easier or harder to jump into the frequent flyer cycle nowadays?
Thanks
At about 53 - 3 yrs ago this Jan. Went from Jade to Gold in 11 months, mainly flying from Welly to various SI ports (on the way to Kaikoura for rebuild ops as I had a large team down there, and a ChCh office) Had a couple of Above & Beyond SP boosts, and Y longhauls over last couple of years. Got to GE recently, flying north a lot more now and a few regionals. Paid PE AMS-AKL helped too, still needed a $750 Sunday SP run. I purchase a fair bit on C/Card for companies I contract to, including all flights. Sitting on 9 reward boosts currently, well ahead of earn rate to regain - but haven’t really used Elite benefit yet - valet parking once. Anyone else have a wallet full of Rental Car & Hotel upgrade thin cardboard? Anyone used them? Happily I live close enough to Wgtn airport to not have traffic hassles - I could walk probably but haven’t- someone did and left a luggage trolley outside mine recently!
That’s my story, I’m sticking to it. Just for a change heading to AKL tmrw in my “Born from Jets” car, good to be able to take some kit without Avsec & weight issues.
Have a great weekend FT’ers. Go the AB’s...😀
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by Noobmaster69
Thanks
I am 29. I hit gold tier status 3 years ago I think, maybe 4, and have been elite for the past 2. Its certainly easier now than it was when I first entered the fray, given status point boosting, but it's only a marginal difference. I have a LONG way to go to hit any of these bonuses!
Noobmaster69 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
With the exception of one year I've been Gold or Elite (Gold Elite in the day ) continuously since 1996 and sure, I'd have been Qantas lifetime Gold (Sapphire) years ago and be much closer to BA lifetime Gold (Emerald status) had I only used NZ Airpoints when it was the only option.

So this is a GOOD move, although I'll wait to see the details, recognising long term FFs does generate value and loyalty. I know people with Qantas Lifetime Gold who default to Qantas and OneWorld carriers because, well why wouldn't you? Then if it is a busy flying year you rise to Platinum but never drop below Gold.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Thank you airnz, great initiative. Very happy HVC!
Old Oct 19, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: NZ*E
this is such good news and thank you for sharing with us here, Xiaotung I yet to read more into it, I have been an 8 on my elite ~ can I assume that the first year, i.e. 1 would only be printed after the first year has been achieved or is that 1 when we start?

I can see some discussions, so I have been Gold before elite ~ I wonder when do I get my 10 years? is there a way I can confirm with NZ?

many thanks
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
It's 10 years + of consecutive Gold or Elite with points being based on current status.. That's what I got out of reading the link above on theur website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.