Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA app problem

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:56 am
Original Poster

AA app problem

When I look to book a flight it only shows expensive flexible fares? How do i get the cheap restricted fares?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mishugana
When I look to book a flight it only shows expensive flexible fares? How do i get the cheap restricted fares?
1) Make sure the "Show Flexible Only" box on the search page is unchecked.
2) If the box is unchecked, have you verified (not on the app) that discount fares are in fact available on your routes/dates?
3) If the box is unchecked and discount fares are available, then it must be some sort of glitch or app problem, etc. If you care to share the routes/dates then others here might help you troubleshoot, but outside of that there's not much we can do.
Antarius likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
FWIW I use the desktop version on my iphone when searching fares. It's much easier to decipher than the app but of course YMMV.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
1) Make sure the "Show Flexible Only" box on the search page is unchecked.
2) If the box is unchecked, have you verified (not on the app) that discount fares are in fact available on your routes/dates?
3) If the box is unchecked and discount fares are available, then it must be some sort of glitch or app problem, etc. If you care to share the routes/dates then others here might help you troubleshoot, but outside of that there's not much we can do.
I get them on aa com
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mishugana
I get them on aa com
As JJeffrey said, route and date? We can see if it's a one off or an overall app bug

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.