Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Will I earn earn AQS on my Air Canada Segment Run?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold

Hey guys,

Going on a segment run on Saturday (YYC-YEG-YVR-YXJ | YXJ-YVR-YEG-YYC). This is all in A fare class. Just wanted to make sure that I will earn AQS on this run. Can anyone please confirm? Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by llcooljayce
Hey guys,

Going on a segment run on Saturday (YYC-YEG-YVR-YXJ | YXJ-YVR-YEG-YYC). This is all in A fare class. Just wanted to make sure that I will earn AQS on this run. Can anyone please confirm? Thanks
Standard A, Flex A, and Comfort A, etc will earn AQS.
Basic A will earn nothing.
canadiancow, Bohemian1 and monkai like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
There is insufficient information to answer the question.
musicmtl and codfather like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:32 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Leaving aside the question of the fare class and AQS earning, as far as I can tell, getting two stops both directions requires an overnight somewhere, whether in YXJ, YVR, or YEG. Doesn't that hurt the value proposition pretty meaningfully? (Assuming one doesn't have a place to crash for free in one of those cities). Either that, or it's dropping the YEG stop on the way home and cutting out a segment to get it done within a day.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Leaving aside the question of the fare class and AQS earning, as far as I can tell, getting two stops both directions requires an overnight somewhere, whether in YXJ, YVR, or YEG. Doesn't that hurt the value proposition pretty meaningfully? (Assuming one doesn't have a place to crash for free in one of those cities). Either that, or it's dropping the YEG stop on the way home and cutting out a segment to get it done within a day.
Sometimes my MRs are "functional"; at the destination I actually have something planned to do, so it's not always about minimizing CPMs/maximizing savings, etc.

And sometimes I just do the run for doing it without worrying about the $100 I could've saved if I did a slightly/vastly different booking.

(Because I couldn't be bothered in that sense.)

Paging llcooljayce
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Sometimes my MRs are "functional"; at the destination I actually have something planned to do, so it's not always about minimizing CPMs/maximizing savings, etc.

And sometimes I just do the run for doing it without worrying about the $100 I could've saved if I did a slightly/vastly different booking.

(Because I couldn't be bothered in that sense.)

Paging llcooljayce
The fare is Economy A so I think that answers my question.

I do have to overnight in YEG but I've got enough Marriott points that it's no biggie for me

This is a pure segment run to earn status through a challenge.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by llcooljayce
The fare is Economy A so I think that answers my question.

I do have to overnight in YEG but I've got enough Marriott points that it's no biggie for me

This is a pure segment run to earn status through a challenge.
The non-coy beat-around-the-bush question is is your A fare Economy Basic or Economy Standard? We need that information.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trek604
The non-coy beat-around-the-bush question is is your A fare Economy Basic or Economy Standard? We need that information.
Economy Standard
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yes, you'll get AQS.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes, you'll get AQS.
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.