Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HNL SLC .... forward cabin on A330

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

HNL SLC .... forward cabin on A330

So I am confused .... I am flying HNL SLC on an A330 ... It’s a post 9pm departure - so very interested in what the bedding will be for the lie flat seat for the flight. It shows First Class and NOT Delta One ... So does that mean the domestic blanket and not the nice Delta One pillow and duvet? I have flown the HNL LAX flight on the lie flat 767 which has the domestic blanket - so thinking that will be the same for the A330 to SLC ...

Appreciate any help or input.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is it marketed as D1 or FC? What's your booking class?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ordflyboy
So I am confused .... I am flying HNL SLC on an A330 ... It’s a post 9pm departure - so very interested in what the bedding will be for the lie flat seat for the flight. It shows First Class and NOT Delta One ... So does that mean the domestic blanket and not the nice Delta One pillow and duvet? I have flown the HNL LAX flight on the lie flat 767 which has the domestic blanket - so thinking that will be the same for the A330 to SLC ...

Appreciate any help or input.
Plan for the worst, hope for the best. It’s marketed as domestic first which means you should expect a domestic blanket and pillow. But maybe you’ll get lucky and they’ll load the nicer blankets and pillows normally reserved for D1 flights.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:52 pm

I’ve flown that flight several times previously and each time they had the Westin bedding. I’ve also gotten it when flying OGG-SLC overnight on a lie flat 763. All of those flights were marketed as F, not D1. It certainly seems as though they try to load the good bedding on Hawaii-mainland flights with lie flats, at least when flying overnight.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
It's the normal A330 (lie flat) seats, just the cheap tiny blanket and pillow (and, as always on DL, really bad food).

Beware though. HNL-SLC often runs on the old 757s. There is a chance A330 may be subbed out for 757.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
The A330 HNL - SLC is seasonal that's running this year from October 27 to April 4 2020. Comfortable bedding and the food is good. They served a full meal the last time we took the flight.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Anyone with recent (Covid times) experience on this flight? I'm seeing it's marketed as "First Class" wihile on the 767-300. Posts above (and from some word of mouth from a couple years ago) report BOTH that it's the fancy duvets and pillows AND there are reports of the cheap F pillows and blankets. Some say basic F food; others say D1 style food.
I realize since it's called First Class they could definitely use the domestic F stuff, but it does seem to be inconsistent. Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Anyone with recent (Covid times) experience on this flight? I'm seeing it's marketed as "First Class" wihile on the 767-300. Posts above (and from some word of mouth from a couple years ago) report BOTH that it's the fancy duvets and pillows AND there are reports of the cheap F pillows and blankets. Some say basic F food; others say D1 style food.
I realize since it's called First Class they could definitely use the domestic F stuff, but it does seem to be inconsistent. Thanks!
This flight is currently getting the domestic FC “COVID” treatment. Only food/drinks offered onboard are the pre-package flight fuel snack boxes, 8.5oz Niagara bottled water, and a choice of beer/wine. No soft drinks, coffee, juice, or hot food is offered and all pillows/blankets have been removed from non-D1 marketed flights.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
I flew it 3 weeks ago. No food other than the boxes, limited beer/wine and absolutely zero pillows/bedding.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by estedman
I flew it 3 weeks ago. No food other than the boxes, limited beer/wine and absolutely zero pillows/bedding.
Same here. It's really hit and miss
Old Mar 6, 2021, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by bretthexum
Same here. It's really hit and miss
Pre-covid it was hit and miss. Nowadays DL has made it clear exactly what your getting for domestic routes of this length. A snack box and limited beer/wine.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by estedman
I flew HNL-SLC the first week of Feb. and it was as described above. I went to a Target the day of my flight and bought a $5 pillow to use and then toss before my connecting flight since I wanted to sleep.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
This flight is currently getting the domestic FC “COVID” treatment. Only food/drinks offered onboard are the pre-package flight fuel snack boxes, 8.5oz Niagara bottled water, and a choice of beer/wine. No soft drinks, coffee, juice, or hot food is offered and all pillows/blankets have been removed from non-D1 marketed flights.
Wow that's brutal for the 6+ hour flight and weird that they're trying to save money on ONLY this flat-bed widebody to Hawaii, not the MSP or ATL flights, which seem to be marketed and catered with D1 products. I'd understand it if they did this with all of the flights, but not in this case.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Wow that's brutal for the 6+ hour flight and weird that they're trying to save money on ONLY this flat-bed widebody to Hawaii, not the MSP or ATL flights, which seem to be marketed and catered with D1 products. I'd understand it if they did this with all of the flights, but not in this case.
The SLC-HNL flight is actually blocked at 7 hours and 2 mins which is just a few mins shorter than JFK-LHR. What’s even worse is that many pax on the SLC-HNL flights are connecting from early morning eastern flights which have short connections in SLC, meaning many pax won’t have time to grab any food/drinks in SLC for the connecting flight. I’d avoid SLC-HNL during the reduced COVID era in-flight services.
DeltaFan4Now likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
The SLC-HNL flight is actually blocked at 7 hours and 2 mins which is just a few mins shorter than JFK-LHR. What’s even worse is that many pax on the SLC-HNL flights are connecting from early morning eastern flights which have short connections in SLC, meaning many pax won’t have time to grab any food/drinks in SLC for the connecting flight. I’d avoid SLC-HNL during the reduced COVID era in-flight services.
I complained about the lack of bedding on these flights to Corp customer service and was told "but JFK-LHR is a long haul flight" despite them being similar flight times! Delta has zero shame.
kyushuman and BigFishDave like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.