Wiki Posts
Search

920 TP gone

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Silver
920 TP gone

Just checked my BA account, I was sitting on 920 TP , it now has me at 0TP, no record of any flights that I’ve taken over past year. Membership year end is October so I have no idea what’s going on, anyone else experienced this? Looks like all my transaction history has been wiped since last year end.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by I2sky
Just checked my BA account, I was sitting on 920 TP , it now has me at 0TP, no record of any flights that I’ve taken over past year. Membership year end is October so I have no idea what’s going on, anyone else experienced this? Looks like all my transaction history has been wiped since last year end.
Membership years run from the 9th of a month although your card is valid to the end of the following month. Your membership year finished at midnight on 8 September and your TPs reset to 0.
george77300, I2sky and orbitmic like this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks, I see now Card expiry date 30 nov 2020, TP collection ends 8th October, so that’s why it’s zero’d. I was hoping I’d see something about me being silver till 2021 but can’t see that yet. I have no flights showing up in transaction history for past year which concerned me too.
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
The 920TP should show in your lifetime TP count.
I2sky likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Ok thanks, I see now Card expiry date 30 nov 2020, TP collection ends 8th October, so that’s why it’s zero’d. I was hoping I’d see something about me being silver till 2021 but can’t see that yet. I have no flights showing up in transaction history for past year which concerned me too.
Your transaction history should still be there, including the tier point reset to zero as a -920 TP transaction. BA.com has been pretty dodgy in the last few days, could be that.

Why were you expecting to be Silver until 2021? Was there an exceptional event? A normal renewal would only run for 1 year, with card validity to Nov 2020 as you said.
orbitmic and I2sky like this.

Last edited by Oaxaca; Oct 14, 2019 at 1:14 pm
Old Oct 14, 2019, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Yeah sorry I’m being totally stupid, I have BA and QR flights that will take me silver later in the month but of course I won’t see them till after I’ve flown. The website isn’t showing any recent transaction history but the app is so I’ll go with the the app. Apologies for a totally pointless thread.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Yeah sorry I’m being totally stupid, I have BA and QR flights that will take me silver later in the month but of course I won’t see them till after I’ve flown. The website isn’t showing any recent transaction history but the app is so I’ll go with the the app. Apologies for a totally pointless thread.
I wouldnt say it was pointless, but rather shows how helpful and nice people tend to be on the forum, when you could have had insults hurled at you for not knowing when you collection year ends. If nothing else it put a smile on my face after having read threads in other not as nice forums today! Now that is worth a lot!!!
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
....BA.com has been pretty dodgy in the last few days, could be that.

In the last few days?
HighwayToHEL, alex67500 and abligh like this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Yeah sorry I’m being totally stupid, I have BA and QR flights that will take me silver later in the month
Surely if you were sitting on 920 TPs you are Silver already?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by clubman
Surely if you were sitting on 920 TPs you are Silver already?
I think the OP just got a little confused with TP and membership year ends.

as I read it he had 920 TPS up until 9th October 2019 and Silver till November 2019 which is now updated to November 2020 as his TP year rolled over (because status is your current year plus the next year)

He has flights planed in his new TP year (ending 8th October 2020) that will mean he retains Silver and which will then end in November 2021 but the app won’t show that until this time next year.
I2sky likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I think the OP just got a little confused with TP and membership year ends.

as I read it he had 920 TPS up until 9th October 2019 and Silver till November 2019 which is now updated to November 2020 as his TP year rolled over (because status is your current year plus the next year)

He has flights planed in his new TP year (ending 8th October 2020) that will mean he retains Silver and which will then end in November 2021 but the app won’t show that until this time next year.
This.

Now I’m off to hide and read every wiki and sticky on this forum 😳
Thomathy, T8191, JAXBA and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Now I’m off to hide and read every wiki and sticky on this forum 😳
Enjoy! See you back here in a few months time...
I2sky and Thomathy like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I'll be expecting this in February - annoying but cant make gold before then so accepting silver for the next year then aim for some tier point runs right after I drop to bronze and try to make use of two years of gold...
Old Oct 16, 2019, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
All our travel planning is done using an on-line calendar creator that lets me work with a year starting at my BAEC Membership date (May). Once used to using it, it simplifies matters ... apart from building trips with sufficient TPs, of course! Still a bit confusing working on 2020/21 already, though, and trying do decide where [and indeed if!] to use a 2-4-1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.