Tier Points for Business LCY-EDI

Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Tier Points for Business LCY-EDI

I am looking to book LCY-EDI in Business (R-class). On ba.com, it says I will accrue 40 TPs for this segment, whereas FlyerTalk.com implies just 20 TPs (i.e. economy full-flex). Which source of information is still correct?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:30 pm

Last time I did that route in business it was indeed 40. See https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
It's definitely 40TPs.

The Flyertalk source possibly pre-dates the introduction of Club Europe on domestic flights; before this the most you could earn was 20TPs.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It would be helpful to put a link so any mistakes can be corrected.
deboyzoned likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by lewis_saint
I am looking to book LCY-EDI in Business (R-class). On ba.com, it says I will accrue 40 TPs for this segment, whereas FlyerTalk.com implies just 20 TPs (i.e. economy full-flex). Which source of information is still correct?
Adding to CWS's post, I'm looking at the table in the Guide and it lists 40TPs. Could you be looking at the first listing in the table for Iberia domestic flights in Spain that only earn 20 TPs?
See Part 06 of this post:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30593332-post5.html
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

I appreciate all of the quick responses. I was looking at older FT articles where the domestic designation was "Business UK", instead of "Club Europe". i.e. How many tier points for J class UK Domestic
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Confirmed, all Business class flights in UK on BA attract 40TP for each sector, whether flex or not. And EDI is my base so I'm far too familiar with that route.

This is always my goto reference:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...flights--index

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.