Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Class shown on check in screen different than reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum

Ok this is weird!!!

i leave tomorrow and just got the link to check in. My reservations are J through all the way to CCU. Crazy itinerary but is it RDU- EWR-HKG in UA metal, then Ethiopian from HKG to BKK and then AI to CCU. Check in screen is showing economy on the last two segments.

Thinking of not checking in but waiting to do it until I get to the airport tomorrow. - but still wanted to check here to see if this the norm or should I be concerned.

Even though ET and AI has me traveling by business when I called them to confirm a couple of weeks ago, I don’t want to have issues getting into lounges at both airports especially since I get in pretty late at night in HKG and around 2am in BKK.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Do not wait.

Call UA, ET, and AI and get this straightened out immediately. There are any number of reasons for this, some benign and some not. It is unlikely that UA at RDU will be able to deal with this and either you go 3-4 hours early in the hopes that it is fixable or are simply told to deal with it elsewhere.
Desirees and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Probably nothing wrong here, just UA misreading ET and AI booking classes. On my Air Canada ticket for x-mas I have a Swiss segment shown as Economy (P) ... clearly this is business and Swiss shows it as business. These display issues are very common. As long as your ticket shows the correct booking class and both ET and AI show you in business ... I don't think you should worry at all.
Desirees and EWR764 like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by cfischer
Probably nothing wrong here, just UA misreading ET and AI booking classes. On my Air Canada ticket for x-mas I have a Swiss segment shown as Economy (P) ... clearly this is business and Swiss shows it as business. These display issues are very common. As long as your ticket shows the correct booking class and both ET and AI show you in business ... I don't think you should worry at all.
There's quite a need for *A to adopt a unified fare class system.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by cfischer
Agree - as long as the operating carrier's system shows you in the correct class for their segments and the coupon open, you should be fine.
Desirees and Kacee like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
There's quite a need for *A to adopt a unified fare class system.
If only....I think only the JV ones do this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by aacharya
If only....I think only the JV ones do this.
Except for the PE cabin and NZ because they are still a junior partner to the whole JV thing
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by Desirees
Ok this is weird!!!

i leave tomorrow and just got the link to check in. My reservations are J through all the way to CCU. Crazy itinerary but is it RDU- EWR-HKG in UA metal, then Ethiopian from HKG to BKK and then AI to CCU. Check in screen is showing economy on the last two segments.

Thinking of not checking in but waiting to do it until I get to the airport tomorrow. - but still wanted to check here to see if this the norm or should I be concerned.

Even though ET and AI has me traveling by business when I called them to confirm a couple of weeks ago, I don’t want to have issues getting into lounges at both airports especially since I get in pretty late at night in HKG and around 2am in BKK.
Have you checked or considered whether the last two airframes actually have a business/first class cabin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.