Wiki Posts
Search

BA 15 SYD and Showers in SIN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
BA 15 SYD and Showers in SIN

Looking for some advice please, we are shortly off to Sydney with the short stop over of about 1 hour 40 in Singapore. Please which lounge would you use for showers as this is the priority rather than anything else. Just a bit worried we may not have enough time, in hindsight probably should have taken the earlier flight to Singapore and connected with the BA 15. But tickets all issued now.

Were in Club and gold members.

Many thanks, appreciated. Henry
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
BA, but get to the front of the crowd heading for them. There's quite a rush when the Aus flight comes in.

You do have time incidentally, 10-15 mins to the lounge, 20 minutes to shower, into the lounge for a tiger beer and a bite to eat, and out again.
wanderingjock and philiphenry like this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bisonrav
BA, but get to the front of the crowd heading for them. There's quite a rush when the Aus flight comes in.

You do have time incidentally, 10-15 mins to the lounge, 20 minutes to shower, into the lounge for a tiger beer and a bite to eat, and out again.
Very many thanks for this, it’s what I was hoping to read. Many thanks, appreciated and safe travels.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The other thing to know about SIN is that the carpets are really roller bag unfriendly - worth finding one of the little shopping trolleys if you can. You'll see why when you get there.
philiphenry and mikeyfly like this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
The Qantas lounge showers are really good and there are more of them I believe so less likely to be a wait. The Qantas lounge is right next to the BA one, I think it is probably better overall.
philiphenry and BAECAddict like this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gliderpilot
The Qantas lounge showers are really good and there are more of them I believe so less likely to be a wait. The Qantas lounge is right next to the BA one, I think it is probably better overall.
Thats great to know, many thanks much appreciated. Time is short so need to be able to get sorted quickly.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Sorry meant to ask, is the lounge 10-15 minutes from the gate?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Have done this route in CW and had no problems. A 15 minute quick walk to the BA lounge, shower, couple of beers and a snack and back to the gate ready to sit in the same seat. Agree with bisonrav to make sure you are off the plane asap and ahead of the other passengers.
philiphenry likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yellowbelly
Have done this route in CW and had no problems. A 15 minute quick walk to the BA lounge, shower, couple of beers and a snack and back to the gate ready to sit in the same seat. Agree with bisonrav to make sure you are off the plane asap and ahead of the other passengers.
Very many thanks for the info, reassuring to know not to worry.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
You will have time, many of us have done this many times! Qantas showers are a good option. You have to pass gate security checks before boarding. They call boarding quite early but they have a whole plane full to get through so you have time!
BAECAddict and philiphenry like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
I would second this - when we did this trip earlier in the year, we tried the BA showers on the way out and the QF ones on the way back. QF are much nicer.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:19 am

Qantas showers are better and there are more of them, but you do have a number of Australia bound QF flights going out with BA15. As both lounges are right next to each other i would go to whichever has the smallest queue, you won't have a huge amount of time to spare.
philiphenry likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Shame you're not going in late November onwards.....the new QF first lounge will be open by then.

(I appreciate that this is an unhelpful reply)
philiphenry likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, VS SV, SPG/RITZ Gold
definitely head to qantas lounge next to BA - more showers, less demand and great food cooked fresh to order, qantas lounge is busier until around 8pm SGT when the qantas travellers to Sydney and Melbourne start to clear out
philiphenry likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
J
Originally Posted by bisonrav
The other thing to know about SIN is that the carpets are really roller bag unfriendly - worth finding one of the little shopping trolleys if you can. You'll see why when you get there.
See most people wheeling their rollers across the carpet tilted up like two wheelers. If that can be done shouldn’t slow you down. I never find that the carpet slows me down - but I do still have an ancient (but for me much preferred) relic (an actual 2 wheeler).
philiphenry and SirToby like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.