Wiki Posts
Search

Ba2505 (edi-lgw) 22/9/19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Ba2505 (edi-lgw) 22/9/19

This is showing as a late return tonight. Can anyone tell me the underlying cause of the delay and what plane is rostered?

Also does LGW have a curfew?

thanks
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
No curfew at LGW for smaller planes. Plane scheduled to operate is G-GATL, currently en route to Tenerife
bisonrav likes this.

Last edited by G-BUSI; Sep 22, 2019 at 6:31 am Reason: add more detail
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:44 am
Original Poster

G-GATL seems to have arrived in Tenerife (early) but is not listed as returning. Curious.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Looks like it’s running on time but the rostered plane can’t be anything other than an hour late because of the timings.

Unfortunately makes it impossible to catch a train home so I’m screwed.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 7:44 am
Original Poster

G-MIDO being ferried in from marrakech, so that’s all sorted. Phew.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 8:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by bisonrav
G-MIDO being ferried in from marrakech, so that’s all sorted. Phew.
It's not being ferried, it's operating last nights delayed BA2667. A colleague was booked on it and said that flight was delayed overnight.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Rather than clog the EC261 thread, closing off on this one. This was all an attempt to go to Gatwick from Heathrow via Edinburgh to avoid National Express.

As mentioned in the EC261 thread, the LHR to EDI went tech with a fault in the overheat detection in one of the engines. The plane was replaced but the new arrival would have been after the due departure of the EDI to LGW flight, no longer delayed following its own equipment swap. Flights to London tomorrow mostly full.

so I could have had a minibreak in Edinburgh on BA plus EC261, but after taking advice from my wife, decided to call it a day and travel home.

on National Express.

which is late.

I am getting a full refund and BA stood me a National Express voucher (once the ticket agent had stopped grinning)

Last edited by bisonrav; Sep 22, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Old Sep 22, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Rather than clog the EC261 thread, closing off on this one. This was all an attempt to go to Gatwick from Heathrow via Edinburgh to avoid National Express.

As mebtioned in the EC261 thread, the LHR to EDI went tech with a fault in the overheat detection in one of the engines. The plane was replaced but the new departure would have been after the due departure of the EDI to LGW flight, no longer delayed following its own equipment swap. Flights to London tomorrow mostly full.

so I could have had a minibreak in Edinburgh on BA plus EC261, but after taking advice from my wife, decided to call it a day and travel home.

on National Express.

which is late.

I am getting a full refund and BA stood me a National Express voucher (once the ticket agent had stopped grinning)
“Advice” from SWMBO...
Old Sep 22, 2019, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

And called that right. The outbound flight from LHR landed after the return to LGW left the stand. As another LHR inbound had just arrived, they probably delayed the other, it was holding south of EDI for a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.