Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Baggage allowance after dropping Executive Club tier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:26 am
Original Poster

This probably gets asked a lot, so apologies. I’m currently Silver and will drop to Bronze at the end of the month. I have a few economy trips coming up where I need to check-in 2 bags. As I booked when I was Silver my e-ticket says 2 X Bags at 32kg. Will I lose this allowance on previously booked flights when I drop to Bronze? Isn’t the e-ticket legally binding, so I still get the old allowance?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:59 am

you get the allowance for your status at time of travel
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
You may also find seat selections disappear as well.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caz312
you get the allowance for your status at time of travel
Is this really the case when it’s on my E-Ticket? Is this, or is this not a legally binding document?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is legally binding. But, you must fulfill the conditions of the contract as well and those include the terms & conditions of BAEC. As you are no longer fulfilling those conditions, it is you, not BA, which has changed the equation. BA is providing you with exactly what it said it would.
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by Often1; Sep 21, 2019 at 11:21 am
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Young82
Is this really the case when it’s on my E-Ticket? Is this, or is this not a legally binding document?
Some of your allowance clearly relates to your status though. Clearly if you don’t have that status level anymore you don’t get that additional allowance.
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.