Oneworld Connect agreement

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:04 am
BA1
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Oneworld Connect agreement

As a BAEC Gold/ OW emerald on a Fiji ticket SYD to NAN (Nadi) can I use the Qantas First lounge at SYD?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by BA1
As a BAEC Gold/ OW emerald on a Fiji ticket SYD to NAN (Nadi) can I use the Qantas First lounge at SYD?
With your BAEC status flying out on a OW operated flight you can use the Qantas F lounge at SYD, including the Spa facilities

Last edited by navylad; Sep 21, 2019 at 4:47 pm
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC
The lounge access for FJ and certain OW FFP is posted in the dedicated thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30507350-post94.html (I assume it's still valid)

For BAEC status, unless you are flying on BA codeshare on FJ out of NAN, or BA codeshare on FJ out of SIN, you don't have lounge access solely based on status. It's so complex that even though FJ is now a OW connect partner, you may treat as if it is not in OW.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navylad
With your BAEC status flying out on a OW operated flight you can use the Qantas F lounge at SYD, including the Soa facilities
But FJ is not "oneworld-operated", it's "oneworld-connect–operated"
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by navylad
With your BAEC status flying out on a OW operated flight you can use the Qantas F lounge at SYD, including the Soa facilities
Maybe, maybe not, navylad. Earlier this year I was still QF gold (OW ruby) flying to HKG on QF's 789 (which doesn't have F). I showed my BA gold/emerald card and was told that I wasn't entitled (but they did let me in). Probably it was because I was on a QF ticket with QF gold status. Fortunately, I had no problem two weeks ago as am now QF platinum (OW emerald).
Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The whole Oneworld connect thing is muddled at best. Looking at QF's website, a Oneworld emerald flying on an FJ marketed and operated flight does not have access to QF lounges base solely on Oneworld status.

Eligible oneworld status

Find Qantas Club, Qantas Domestic Business, Qantas International Business lounge, Qantas International lounge and Associated lounge eligibility; on your oneworld® status and travel class when travelling on a oneworld® flight number#.

oneworld® status and travel classoneworld® flight number#

EmeraldYes1

SapphireYes1

International First oneworld® customersYes1

International Business oneworld® customersYes
# The flight number must be operated and marketed by a oneworld® carrier. A oneworld® marketed flight refers to a flight with a oneworld® flight number, eg QF1 or AA222. A oneworld® operated flight refers to the actual aircraft or 'metal' on which you fly, eg Finnair aircraft. Excludes oneworld connect partner flights.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by morges1
Maybe, maybe not, navylad. Earlier this year I was still QF gold (OW ruby) flying to HKG on QF's 789 (which doesn't have F). I showed my BA gold/emerald card and was told that I wasn't entitled (but they did let me in). Probably it was because I was on a QF ticket with QF gold status. Fortunately, I had no problem two weeks ago as am now QF platinum (OW emerald).
QF Gold has OW Sapphire status - lounge access for a QF Gold member is more generous than OW Sapphire/Emerald provides. If you were on a QF codeshare on FJ, then a Qantas Gold member would be entitled QF lounge access

Originally Posted by BA1
No - lounge access is not an entitlement
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:23 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
Originally Posted by BA1
No. The only alliance-wide oneworld connect benefit appears to be priority check-in for status passengers.

The only way to access the QF First lounge on a FJ ticket is if you have Qantas Emerald status and on the Qantas code-share.

Oneworld appears to be nothing more than a marketing stunt.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by morges1
As Dave says, QF gold has lounge access in its own right, and is equivalent to OWS

QF have been taking more of a dim view of people using different schemes for collection and recognition of late (ie if you choose to put your QFF number on a booking and that doesn’t give you first class lounge access, flashing any other FFP card that *does* give you F lounge access generally is not working these days)
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is it still only Fiji Airways as a oneworld Connect member? Have any other airlines joined? Any others in talks to join?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is it still only Fiji Airways as a oneworld Connect member?
Have any other airlines joined?
Any others in talks to join?
Yes. https://www.oneworld.com/
No
Who knows. Oman Air [WY]? FT thread-->Who will be the next oneworld member? + New membership announcements [merged]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.