Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld lounge at LHR T3

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Oneworld lounge at LHR T3

Hi all,

This is my second ever post, and thanks to everyone who helped me out last time when I was looking for flights from LHR / UK to STL in the US. I was looking to fly business for the first time but ended up getting the last premium economy seat with AA from LHR to STL via ORD with return STL to LHR via DFW. It’s booker with BA with only the last leg being BA. The times are perfect for me and given I booked it only 3 weeks in advance of travelling I think I got a great deal as the agent I used got me it less than I was originally looking at going from mainland Europe to STL.

I wanted to go business class but as the intended travel was too close I couldn’t get a business deal under £3k with a really awkward route nor under £4K with Oneworld.

This means I don’t get to use any of the Oneworld lounges at LHR T3. While I am on my way to getting tier status with BA I don’t have access to a lounge.

Does anyone know of ways I can get Oneworld lounge access if I don’t yet have status or a business / first ticket?

Or bit if a long shot but is anyone willing to help me lose my Oneworld T3 LHR lounge virginity by kindly letting me be their ‘plus one’ if they happening to be travelling solo and at the same time and have the relevant status? I’m on the AA flight at 12.15pm Friday 4th October 2019 out of LHR (AA87 / BA1542). I’m not sure what I can offer in return other than eternal thanks

Thank you

Tommy
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by tommyd101
Hi all,

This is my second ever post, and thanks to everyone who helped me out last time when I was looking for flights from LHR / UK to STL in the US. I was looking to fly business for the first time but ended up getting the last premium economy seat with AA from LHR to STL via ORD with return STL to LHR via DFW. It’s booker with BA with only the last leg being BA. The times are perfect for me and given I booked it only 3 weeks in advance of travelling I think I got a great deal as the agent I used got me it less than I was originally looking at going from mainland Europe to STL.

I wanted to go business class but as the intended travel was too close I couldn’t get a business deal under £3k with a really awkward route nor under £4K with Oneworld.

This means I don’t get to use any of the Oneworld lounges at LHR T3. While I am on my way to getting tier status with BA I don’t have access to a lounge.

Does anyone know of ways I can get Oneworld lounge access if I don’t yet have status or a business / first ticket?

Or bit if a long shot but is anyone willing to help me lose my Oneworld T3 LHR lounge virginity by kindly letting me be their ‘plus one’ if they happening to be travelling solo and at the same time and have the relevant status? I’m on the AA flight at 12.15pm Friday 4th October 2019 out of LHR (AA87 / BA1542). I’m not sure what I can offer in return other than eternal thanks

Thank you

Tommy
The only way to access a oneworld lounge would be to buy a day pass for the AA Admirals Club, available for $59. This is valid at any clubs during the same day, so you could also use the lounge at ORD during your connection.

Outside of that, there are 2 Priority Pass lounges at T3, these typically have pay per use options if you don't have PP access.
tommyd101 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The only way to access a oneworld lounge would be to buy a day pass for the AA Admirals Club, available for $59. This is valid at any clubs during the same day, so you could also use the lounge at ORD during your connection.

Outside of that, there are 2 Priority Pass lounges at T3, these typically have pay per use options if you don't have PP access.
Thank you - I’ll research that though I’ve been told that the T3 lounge at LHR is pretty basic and everyone tries to use Qantas or Cathay, or BA - all avoiding the AA lounge if they can! But I’ll look to see if $59 is worth it anyway compared to the cost for the other open to public lounges.

Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
As this question isn't specific to AA (because you can't access the lounge based on your class of service) I'd suggest visiting the https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/ Airport Lounges forum, which has tons of information about all the lounges at LHR.

Last time I was in T3 the digital sign for the Qantas lounge announced that it was "accepting paying guests". I had access via OW status so I don't know whether you had to be on a Qantas flight to get paid access or how often they accept paying guests (it was really empty at the time). However, there is a No1 lounge with pay access in T3, which is perfectly adequate for an hour or so (showers, etc). There's also a plaza premium arrivals lounge that you can pay to get into if you want to take a shower on your way into LHR.

The Cathay and Qantas lounges are nice but honestly, in the end they're just airport lounges. If you got such a great deal on your ticket, use the savings to treat yourself to a nice dinner in London, which will be better than any lounge food.
tommyd101 and Beachfun71 like this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:23 pm

Hi all,

Thank you

Tommy
Admirals club is 59 dollars a day. But if i were you I would spend 59 dollars in the airport restaurant. Priority pass lounge might be a little cheaper but I’m not sure. If you are starting your trip in London there is no reason to go to the airport extra earlier and pay 59 bucks to be eat some basic food in Admirals club.
mikeyfly and wrp96 like this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gateH15
Admirals club is 59 dollars a day. But if I were you I would spend 59 dollars in the airport restaurant. Priority pass lounge might be a little cheaper but I’m not sure. If you are starting your trip in London there is no reason to go to the airport extra earlier and pay 59 bucks to be eat some basic food in Admirals club.
And 1000's of people depart flights from LHR every day without visiting a lounge
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wetrat0
The Cathay and Qantas lounges are nice but honestly, in the end they're just airport lounges. If you got such a great deal on your ticket, use the savings to treat yourself to a nice dinner in London, which will be better than any lounge food.
100%. I've never had food at the Qantas LHR T3 lounge or AA Flagship lounges that I'd pay $59 per person for.

With that said, there's a thread on here for lounge meetups/guesting that could help you get in if you hit someone's timing right. Don't see anything in the Wiki for October but could be worth keeping your eye on it.

Guide: Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge etc. Meet Up & Guest Offer
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
While I agree getting food in the city would be better the OP would probably be paying more than $59 to get there and back on the train. Tube is cheap yes but if he’s time constrained it’s not an option. Piccadilly line is an hour journey to the city center (st pancras)
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by enviroian
While I agree getting food in the city would be better the OP would probably be paying more than $59 to get there and back on the train. Tube is cheap yes but if he’s time constrained it’s not an option. Piccadilly line is an hour journey to the city center (st pancras)
OP is starting in London...
enviroian likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Yup I’m starting in London and live in London albeit I’m out east so it’s a good 1h 30m tube ride across the city.

I think I just wanted to experience an airlines own lounge rather than the public ones which I’ve been into before.

Thanks for the link to the Meet Up & Guest page. That’s exactly what I was looking for! Cheers
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
honestly , OP. you are much better off having a great meal in London before you leave for the airport.
The lounge experience you are referring to, well its not worth spending any money to get in.
I, use them every time I am thru LHR just to get a shower, after an overnight flight from the US, .. grab a paper and a coffee, and head out to the pub I have been going too, enjoy a nice pint of Stella, or London's ' pride and then head to the my gate.

Hopefully you will find someone in the meet up , and get to experience the lounge.. and hopefully since its your first time.. will enjoy it.

Once again, its not worth paying to get in.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I think I just wanted to experience an airlines own lounge rather than the public ones which I’ve been into before.
All depends on how much money you are willing to spend out of pocket for this experience.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
I would be happy to host at the BA First Class lounge but my flight doesn’t leave till 4 that day and it’s in a different terminal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.