Ticket number missing in MMB

Old Sep 15, 2019, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson Gold
Ticket number missing in MMB

My TA booked a flight for me on BA.com three months ago and I noticed that MMB does not show a ticket number (the usual 125-). It is a trip to CMH via JFK on AA and the return is AA to ORD and then BA to LHR. I still have about two weeks before the first flight but should I give BA a call and check if it has been ticketed correctly? The status is "confirmed" and I have selected my seats but I find it quite odd that there is no ticket number.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 3:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yannisb
My TA booked a flight for me on BA.com three months ago and I noticed that MMB does not show a ticket number (the usual 125-). It is a trip to CMH via JFK on AA and the return is AA to ORD and then BA to LHR. I still have about two weeks before the first flight but should I give BA a call and check if it has been ticketed correctly? The status is "confirmed" and I have selected my seats but I find it quite odd that there is no ticket number.
Shouldn't you contact your TA? They are the ones who should have done the ticketing.

Is the ticket number blank in the app too?
fruitcage and MarkFlies like this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver
If there is no ticket number then you almost certainly don’t have a ticket yet. If you want to chase, your TA are the ones who issue the ticket so they may be able to help, but BA won’t. Probably it’s just that the TA is due to issue the ticket in the next few days, but no harm checking for peace of mind.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
Is this through your work company? If so, their TA would generally not pay until a week or a few days before the departure date, in line with the companys internal travel cancellation policy. Once you have your TA confirmation you'll have a ticket number.

If this is not through your company I'd definitely call the TA to find out when the ticket will be paid.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Just to add that status “confirmed” conveys no information about ticketing.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by fruitcage
If there is no ticket number then you almost certainly don’t have a ticket yet.
I don't think that's the case here. OP mentions it's an AA/BA itinerary. My guess is that it is ticketed, but OP is using the non-prime PNR in BA MMB, but there will be another BA PNR which should show the ticket number.

Agree that best to check with the TA - if they are anything like my corporate one they should have sent the ticket number in an email confirmation once it was ticketed.
fruitcage likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
If you have the AA booking / confirmation code then use the AA app to try and select seats on the BA flights and it will send you to the BA website and the different BA confirmation code should be come apparent.

and are you sure the TA hasn’t booked it on AA 001 ticket stock?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the feedback. Just to add to my original post, the TA is a third party based in Belgium, with whom my company has an agreement. Sometimes they are kind enough to book my tickets on BA.com so it's easier for me to get POUGs etc.

In this case, they purchased the ticket on BA.com and I received a confirmation e-mail from BA, however, it did not contain a ticket number. The status of all flights in the itinerary is "confirmed". Looking at previous BA.com booking confirmation e-mails, some have a ticket number and some don't. Moreover, the ticket number is nowhere to be found in the app and I have checked each flight, which is what worries me. Usually, the ticket number appears as soon as they make the booking, or, if they use their systems (not BA.com), within 24 hours as I believe they can hold it for a while and then confirm it.

Considering they booked this one on BA.com, I assume they would have had to provide their CC details so it is not possible for them to defer payment, correct? They are not very happy to have to contact BA when they make direct bookings online as they can be a pain due to GDPR and requiring authorisation from me to discuss the booking...
Old Sep 16, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Have you checked the booking on ba.com and checked your e-ticket? I'd imagine if it has been ticketed you should be able to view the details there.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If this was booked direct on ba,com it would be very unusual that an e-ticket was not issued straight away. The fact that you can't print a e-ticket from MMB does not mean there isn't one.

Is there a ticket number showing in the booking on the app?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
If it has been booked direct, even by a third party, BA should be able to confirm, I’d give them a quick call or tweet and DM th the details.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:12 am
Original Poster

There is no ticket number in the app under "flight duration" and "aircraft". I haven't tried tweeting them and at this moment in time it is probably my only option since they are not answering the phone.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Call your travel agent to sort this out. It’s what your company are paying them for!
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Call your travel agent to sort this out. It’s what your company are paying them for!
I managed to speak to BA (non-UK call centre) and they told me that I have an e-ticket which they were going to e-mail me within 5 min (an hour ago). I am still waiting but they did give me the 125- ticket number over the phone. I will call them again tomorrow if I don't receive it overnight.

My TA is, quite frankly, rubbish in dealing with BA.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I am still waiting but they did give me the 125- ticket number over the phone.
BA's emailer is a bulk sorter, and they do send out thousands of emails every hour, so the delay doesn't surprise me. No one is going to make up a 125 number, so if you have it I would regard the problem as over.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.