FA /crew /pax wrong or right ?

Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:02 am
Original Poster

FA /crew /pax wrong or right ?

Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:10 am

I am going to guess there is a lot of missing detail here (particularly between when the purser said to let them stay in the switched seats and when the pilot ordered the plane to be deboarded).
BearX220, wlau, PhilnLiz and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Why this picture? It's not the current DL FA uniform.
KenTarmac, Widgets and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I am assuming that this was a regional flight
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:28 am

Better to switch seats only once already in the air.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
I am assuming that this was a regional flight
Exactly. Not even a real Delta crew.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Better to switch seats only once already in the air.
They have a child with a disability who cannot sit by themselves. I am guessing takeoff is one of the worst parts of it. Suggesting switching seats in the air is silly in such a case.

As long as the passengers agreed to the switch, I have no idea why a flight attendant was even involved.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Exactly. Not even a real Delta crew.
I don't think it matters whether it's a "real" delta crew or not. The vast majority of customers don't see a difference and Delta shouldn't treat it any differently in their response.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Arent some allowed to wear an all black u uniform due to allergies to new uniform?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: Delta, JetBlue, Marriott
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
I am going to guess there is a lot of missing detail here (particularly between when the purser said to let them stay in the switched seats and when the pilot ordered the plane to be deboarded).
Agreed. I'm not a big fan of these types of posts. As in most posts, the poster was an angel and the employees were tyrants. That could be true, but I find the truth is somewhere in the middle. I'm not condoning the flight crew, but there is more to the story...
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I forgot about that, but regardless it seems wrong to post a photo of a FA regardless of whether she was the one who booted them or whether it's just some random photo of a FA in an airport.

I wonder whether the seat switch moved the autistic kid into an exit row or something similar happened.

Also, I suspect that this gets back to the simple fact that if people want to sit together, they should reserve seats together (and not buy BE fares, if this is what happened).
bubbashow and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:29 am

here's a link to the actual post

(I guess flyertalk censors facebook links???

it's facebook dot com slash ayo.isola/posts/2577592638929386

Last edited by WillBarrett_68; Aug 19, 2019 at 9:36 am
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I forgot about that, but regardless it seems wrong to post a photo of a FA regardless of whether she was the one who booted them or whether it's just some random photo of a FA in an airport.

I wonder whether the seat switch moved the autistic kid into an exit row or something similar happened.

Also, I suspect that this gets back to the simple fact that if people want to sit together, they should reserve seats together (and not buy BE fares, if this is what happened).
This is different, the child had a disability issue. Thus the law requires that he have his assistant be seated next to him. Even if bought BE fare DL would be required to put one (not both, but one) next to him.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:34 am

If the flight attendant really was being that ridiculous, the captain probably made the right call. He needed to remove her from the flight and he probably couldn't just conjure up a replacement (is DTW a skywest FA base?)

Can you imagine if the flight had taken off and she continued to escalate the situation in the air?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by EBiafore99
Agreed. I'm not a big fan of these types of posts. As in most posts, the poster was an angel and the employees were tyrants. That could be true, but I find the truth is somewhere in the middle. I'm not condoning the flight crew, but there is more to the story...
on the other hand, we can always count on certain parts of the flyertalk mob to blame everything on the kid and the parents.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.